Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Week 12 - Sick then Productive


This week was a doozy! I was sick as a dog on Wednesday but recovered by the weekend and made up for lost time.

On Tuesday I kept telling Cindy I felt super tired, despite having slept fine the night before. I made it through the day though and headed to BW’s in Ashland, where I was meeting Andrea and Lori for their birthday dinner. I got there first and ordered my favorite beer. I wasn’t enjoying it but ordered my favorite fried egg sandwich and tots, only to not be able to eat them when they came out. Hmmm… clearly something was working on me and as the evening went on, I was feeling more and more unsettled. I took my sandwich to go and left a bit earlier than I’d have liked, making a bee line home. My intestines were in an uproar! I went right to bed and hoped for the best.

I was up at midnight so took some Pepto and emailed that I wouldn’t be in on Wednesday. I woke up once more but then slept until 9:30 – 13 hours! I took Immodium when I got up and sat like a zombie in a chair, not even knitting. That’s SICK! I took another dose at noon, napped that afternoon and was feeling some better. I wasn’t too broken up about missing UAAD at lunch but had really been looking forward to dinner at Green Flash with the water aerobics gang to celebrate Allison’s dissertation being done. Oh well. It’s not like I planned to have the runs.

I went back to work on Thursday but wasn’t 100% and was dragging. I made it through the day and actually got some energy back right before bed. Not wanting that to go to waste, I reorganized all my sock yarn. I was looking for a specific skein that wasn’t where it should have been and did find it in the very last tote so I guess it wasn’t wasted time. I slept fine that night and was feeling normal by Friday. Layton and I had Chinese buffet at lunch and I lived to tell. I then got a nice surprise when I remembered mid-afternoon that we didn’t have swimming due to spring break so I could go right home after work. Bad memory sucks but sometimes it does lead to happy things. : )

It was a dreary weekend and I spent it all at home. I had run out of time the previous weekend in my attempt to reclaim the spare room and had done zero cleaning. It seemed like every surface was covered with crap and everything else was dirty. So I spent the weekend clearing and cleaning. I made excellent progress and had stuff out the door - donations loaded in the car, junk into the trash and old produce (yes, I cleaned the fridge too) into the compost. As soon as something was cleared, I cleaned it too. Floors mostly but some counters and my hassock too. I even took down the deck Christmas tree, which until last week had been buried in a snow drift. By the time I started cooking Sunday afternoon, I was feeling good about things. And after spending hours cooking (homemade bread, bread pudding, carrot/raisin salad, turkey casserole and Brussels sprouts), I was an adult and got off my butt and did all those dishes. It was well worth the effort just to see everything looking so good after so long of looking like crap. Now to keep this up so I’m ready to head outside as soon as things dry out.





No comments:

Post a Comment