Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 9 - Only an Inch

Finally, a week without a snow storm. We did get an inch overnight on Saturday but it was light and fluffy so I swept the driveway in 10 minutes and it immediately started melting. Not that it was warm, just sunny. The high temp on Sunday was 4 degrees and that was pretty typical for the entire week. OK, it did get out of the teens on Friday and the high of 31 felt downright balmy but then it was right back to frigid. But only another inch of snow so I'll take it.

Anyway, with my new office ready to go and no blizzards to deal with, it was a pretty normal week. I had meetings galore and trained both Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, even adding an extra class that got cancelled on the snow day last week, which meant Tuesday went right until 5:00. Thursday's class got over early enough that I was able to go to Innovation Campus for the new data engagement group. This is masquerading as a user group but was just an excuse for geeks to drink. Being mostly introverts, the conversation was left to just a few of us. I will not be wasting my time with that again. I went home for a quick dinner then it was off to the City Council meeting.

Andrea has been going to these for months, trying to get the municipal codes changed to allow backyard chickens. I hadn't been able to go until this week so went to support her. I did put my 2 cents in when they asked for comments but they didn't make any decision, saying it would be back on the agenda for the next meeting in 2 weeks. I guess I'll be back. At least the lighting was good so I could knit.

Friday was the only night I swam, having skipped on Wednesday for no good reason, and I needed it. It had been a good week but at the end of the day Friday, we were informed that our training room was going to become file storage and we'd have to find a classroom elsewhere on campus to train in. And why was this happening? Because our old office, which was more than big enough for the files, was going to be dedicated cubies for the work study students. Yes, students who work ~10 hours/week will get their own cubies instead of sharing a couple so the files can be stored there. Moronic! And no one will stand up to the person who made this ridiculous decision. Oh well. I swam my frustration away.

I had no plans for the weekend beyond reclaiming my house. Now you'd think with so much time spent inside lately due to snow, my house would be spotless. Not only was it dirty but I hadn't even put away the dishes or laundry I'd done last weekend. So first up on Saturday was neatizing and some long overdue cleaning. I got right to it and by the end of the day, I'd made a huge dent. I did a bit more on Sunday and ended the day with a cooking marathon. I made sausage/potato soup for food day on Tuesday, a strawberry/rhubarb pie to take to knitting, sausage and peppers for lunches and a big batch of pasta. 

All in all, it was a good week and next Saturday it's supposed to finally be above freezing and it's going to rain. I can't wait for this weather to break!

No comments:

Post a Comment