Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Week 13 - Fiber and Produce

Well the week didn't start on an up note. I slept like crap and then laid in bed for 40 minutes, unable to muster the energy to start my week. I had to get better from here, right?

I had training on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, which always makes the week fly. Otherwise it was a normal week with knitting and swimming. Until Thursday. 

Since chickens were on the agenda at City Council, we had rescheduled book club to 6:00 so we could go to the meeting at 7:00. That didn't stop me from stopping at The Warehouse, where I scored all kinds of veg, including a bunch for Andrea. It was a good discussion at book club and then, of course, no progress was made on the chickens. I was glad the next day was Friday after such a long day.

Layton was out of town so I was on my own for Friday lunch. I had been seeing ads for fish sandwiches (lent, you know) on TV and had never eaten there so decided to get take out for lunch. I stopped at Goodwill on the way there for their 99 cent sale. I did find a few shirts and several pairs of pants in my size (score!) but also found a braided hank of fiber (for spinning) on a scarf rack so picked that up. When I got to the register, the person beside me in line remarked on it and mentioned how many there were. I left my stuff and ran back for a quick scan, finding 9 more. Did I mention they were $1.99 each? Very exciting and I'd be sharing them at my spinning group.

I went to Culver's and was surprised to see that the meal was almost $10 but added cheese curds anyway, making my total for take out lunch $14.79. Sheesh! It also wasn't fast - they gave me a number to hang on my window and sent me to park to wait for my food. Since the sandwich was only OK, I won't be going there again anytime soon. But as I waited for my food, I decided to go back to Goodwill for a more thorough check. I scoured every end cap rack in the store and found 3 more, bringing my total to 13 braids of fiber. Here's a picture. I kept the purple and gray one (second from the left) but all the rest is for friends. I love sharing my thrift scores.


It was another cold, dreary weekend so I happily spent it inside cooking, knitting and doing chores. I had fun using all the produce I'd found at The Warehouse and filled my fridge with yumminess for the week. Nice but I was hoping for some nice weather next weekend so I could get outside and do some yard work. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment