Monday, March 11, 2019

Week 10 - Winter is OVER!

I feel pretty old getting excited about the weather but with the brutal winter we've had, I was super excited when the weather broke. There were hints of warming early in the week and by Friday it was above freezing. At last! Then on Saturday it rained and ridiculous excitement ensued. Having been stuck inside for the past few weekends, it was exciting just to go to the bank.Not even the water I had in my basement could curb my enthusiasm. 

The problem was a downspout that was frozen into a snowbank and blocked. I dug in the garage for the plastic downspout I'd bought and was able to get that under bend where it was spilling out the back then started trying to dig out the downspout. Well, I cut a hole in the top of it while trying  to chip it out of the ice and water immediately started coming out of the hole. Whatever! With that under control, I started cleaning up the basement. The shop vac was in the wet so I used a broom and squeegee to get the water to the floor drain in the laundry room. It immediately started drying up so I headed upstairs for, you guessed it, some knitting.


I never got much more done on Saturday and ended the day watching The Matrix, which I'd been thinking about lately and then there it was on Prime. Can my firestick read my mind? I'm beginning to wonder since I never googled the movie. With Saturday shot, I had some catching up to do on Sunday. The sun was shining and there was more melting going on but there was still a foot of snow on the ground so I found a solution to hot being able to get to my clothesline.

I needed the weekend to recuperate because it was not a good week at work. Everyone was miserable about the training room decision, which ended up being all the boss' idea with zero input from anyone affected, including the person everyone was blaming for the fiasco. There was a mutiny on Wednesday afternoon and the decision was reversed, which lead to brainstorming, measuring and trips to inventory. Mary and I ended the day Friday clearing out one of the storage rooms in the basement. We got rid of tons of stuff so it's down to just the stuff that must be kept, which isn't much.

I guess I didn't matter so much that I'd missed swimming Wednesday night (stayed late working on Plan B for the training room) because I certainly got a workout Thursday morning. The last snow of the year (hopefully) was Wednesday night, which left me shoveling 6 inches of snow Thursday morning so I could get to a 9:00 meeting, which I made just in time.

Otherwise, it was an uneventful week. In case you're interested, here are a couple of pics of my new office. We had fun with paint to perk up the drab gray that's everywhere. Fun, n'est-ce pas?



BTW, when is this daylight savings time crap going to end? It serves no purpose anymore and just messes with people's lives. And I for one do not need to sun to be up until 10:00 in mid summer. Time to write congress!




No comments:

Post a Comment