Sunday, March 31, 2024

Week 12 - Fun at Fiberpalooza

It was a much better week. Since I didn't end up bleeding, it almost had to be, right?

Work was the perfect amount of busy with projects between training, a Ripples zoom and a 3 hour F&A zoom to end the day Friday. I also had lunch with Dodie on Wednesday, which was my only day on campus for the week.

Thursday was the 4 year anniversary of the beginning of lockdown. Seems like yesterday. It was also the 4 week anniversary of Hazel's death. I'm still sad about that but Rosie is starting to settle in a bit more. Goodie is hissing less and starting to show some interest in playing, which Rosie is doing more of. Still a ways off but some progress.


The highlight of the week was Fiberpalooza - a fiber event in Winterset, Iowa. I missed it last year so told my friends I was absolutely going and asked who wanted to come with me. Anne, Rene and Andrea chimed in. Anne was driving in her much nicer car so Andrea and I drove down to Gretna to meet her and Rene and we drove from there. It's a small event in a junior high school but it was lots of fun. I showed restraint and only bought 3 skeins of sock yarn, a few mini skeins and a project bag made from 70's fabric. So fun!

There was a fiasco at the winding station though. Anne was having 2 skeins wound by one of the volunteers and the first one was fine but the second exploded off of the swift. It took 4 of us nearly 2 hours to untangle the mess. Anne was embarrassed for no reason and was a bit of a mess. We headed home on the scenic route, which was shorter but took about the same time as the interstate because of all the small towns. We stopped for ice cream in one of them, which was delish and a nice break. It was a fun day.

After such a busy Saturday, I had a relaxing day Sunday knitting, streaming and cooking a few things. It was a nice end to a decent week. Some spring weather would be nice. Hopefully some will get here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment