Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Week 13 - Welcoming My Replacement

The week started with another 4 hour zoom for the F&A proposal on Monday morning. It was supposed to be our last but we had 2 more hours on Tuesday and that was our last until the actual last one first thing Wednesday. The proposal was submitted later on Wednesday so it's finally done. My last F&A proposal - yay!

It was brutally cold at the beginning of the week and everyone bailed on knitting Monday night. I had to unlock Lorri's door for her cleaning lady to get in on Tuesday morning, when the windchills were crazy cold so I got a grab & go lunch since I was out in the cold. Perfectly warm spring weather was back by the end of the week - in like a lion out like a lamb. I took Rosie outside for the first time Thursday evening since it was warm enough. It was her first time outside so she was pretty timid but seemed to enjoy it.

Dana, my replacement, started on Friday. She's a lovely woman and I spent the morning doing financial 101 with her then the team went to Green Gateau for a welcome lunch. Lacey let us out at 3:00 for the Easter weekend so it was a short day. I went straight home for a cup of tea and time outside with Rosie. While they're not best buds yet, Goodie was more interested in playing with Rosie outside so that was good. The temp plummeted after supper so it'd be a chilly weekend.

I had a cozy, warm weekend inside. It was above freezing so I did laundry and hung it out but otherwise was inside on the phone with friends, knitting and streaming. I started some seeds and stayed up late to watch White Lotus. 

Sunday was turkey day. I was flying to Finland on Thanksgiving so thought I'd make a turkey over Christmas break but with my toe surgery, I never did. I was missing having a freezer full of turkey so Easter turkey it was. It was ready mid-afternoon so I tore it apart immediately and put the bones in the crockpot to make stock. I was still picking turkey at 10:00 pm.

All in all, it was a nice week. Dana seemed smart and nice and with her hire, my retirement was feeling more real. Rosie was OK being outside, which made her feel like a normal cat for me, and my freezer and fridge were full o turkey for the next week. All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment