Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 30 - Enjoying the Calm

This was the last week before closing meetings started so I filled the week with as much fun as possible. But before the play, I also started attacking some long overdue stuff.

I finally called someone to take down the 40 foot tall weed trees growing beside my garage. They're technically not my trees but when my neighbors put up a chain link fence, they ended up on my side of the fence but not actually on my property. I should have chopped them from day one but they weren't mine and now I'm paying the price. A branch already tore a hole in my garage rooof ($200 to fix that) and the roots cracked my garage floor so it was time. Tim's Tree Service came and gave me an estimate of $3k. Yikes! But they need to go. It was blazing hot out but I spent a lunch hour moving a woodpile that would be in the way and pulled all the cement borders on the overgrown berry bed in the back after work. It was hot work but I was ready for them to come and that'd be one major job off my house to do list. Nice.

Wednesday was another day on campus but I made the most of it with having lunch with Dodie, spent the afternoon training a new business manager and then hit some thrifts and swam after work. Wednesdays are long days but I make the most of having to drive in.

I had lots of things planned on the weekend. On Saturday morning, Andrea and I met Lori and Michelle at Vidlak's Brookside Cafe in Omaha for breakfast. I hadn't seen Michelle since pre-covid so that was nice and I had the best chicken fried steak I've ever had. Yes, for breakfast with eggs - delish! From there we went to Imagiknit - the best yarn shop in Omaha - for their sale. We had fun and I found a few treasures (sock yarn, of course) and then Andrea and I hit Aldi on the way out of town. I was home by 2:00 and had already had all that fun. 

I had more fun planned for Sunday. Cindy and I had bought tickets to a flight of plays by local playwrights, including one that a friend was directing and acting in.
They were wonderful and we had time for a huge burger at Honest Abe's before heading to the pool to swim. So much fun and culture to boot.



So how's that for bookending the weekend with fun social events? And I had bought a skein of Woolstok yarn to go with some minis I'd found in a Goodwill grab bag. It's not superwash so will have to be handwashed but it's gorgeous yarn and I love the hat that I cast on as soon as I got home on Saturday and was almost done before bed on Sunday. There will be more of this yarn in my future for sure.

Next week closing meetings..... duh, duh, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment