Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 34 - Heading Back East

The week started with rain in Nebraska, which is in severe drought, and ended with rain in Rhode Island, which is also parched. Yay for both rainy ends of the week.

I was flying out Friday morning so it was a short work week. Of course I was jamming things in. I did a major demo of my HR Toolbox to all the business center staff and I'll admit to a small freak out before the session but it all went well. Afterwards I sent them all the database, which meant the rest of the week was answering questions and troubleshooting problems but that was OK.

I also had a dentist appointment on Tuesday afternoon - 3 hours in the chair for a crown and a filling. The dentist asked me if I'd taken my antibiotics, which I'd forgotten, so he numbed me up and sent me home to take them. That would come back to bite me. However, the new crown, which he made in the office so it was done the same day, was great. Hopefully this will be my last one for awhile.

Otherwise the week was uneventful. I packed Thursday night and did all the pre-trip chores so was able to relax on Friday morning. I left for the airport at 10:00, picking up my usual grab and go lunch on the way out of town. I'm happy to report that my flights were uneventful and on time. Carolyn picked me up and we had chicken chili for supper and went to bed early. 

Carolyn had bought bagels for breakfast (I haven't had a good one since Bruegger's in Lincoln closed) and I spent a lovely morning in her dining room, which is one of my happy places. John came to get me at noon and the 3 of us went to Crow's Nest for lunch. Belly clams! We split up and John and I hit Trader Joe's and Stop & Shop for groceries then headed to the cottage. Not only was it our last year because it had been sold to someone who would live there rather than renting it out but Vivian, the lovely woman next door, had died last month. Normally she'd have been over to greet us first thing. Sad. We unpacked and settled in.


We woke up to pea soup fog on Sunday, which was kind of nice. The new owner had installed a sundowner awning so I rolled that out and spent a lovely day knitting while watching on and off sprinkles hit the pond surface. John made bacon and eggs for brunch and we had saugies and John's celery salad for supper. It was a lovely, relaxing day. I didn't mind the non-beach weather at all. It was going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment