Thursday, July 28, 2022

Week 29 - My Internet Woes

It was easier said than done to get over the slacker accusations from last week but I charged on determined to get over it. I talked to Lacey on Wednesday and that went a long way towards reassuring me. She is a wonderful boss and I am lucky to have her. Darla was back from her vacation on Thursday and she brings me joy so that helped too. 

Otherwise, it was an uneventful start of the week. I was super busy at the end of the week between grad fellowships and allocations but that makes the days fly so that's a plus. Because I had a busy Saturday coming.

We were doing Christmas in July at spinning on Saturday and the location and time had changed so Andrea couldn't go. It was a potluck and since I had 3 dozen eggs in my fridge - all from friends with chickens - I made deviled eggs to take. I left early enough to hit the Habitat Restore beforehand and scored a few fun things. Spinning was a small group but we had fun and I got a Vogue stitch dictionary in the gift exchange and it was over early enough that I ran all my other errands and was home in time for a cup of afternoon tea. I settled in with my fave Mexican dip and chips for supper and an evening of knitting and streaming.

At 9:07, I lost my internet and it wouldn't come back. I called Windstream and they couldn't fix it so scheduled a service call for Monday. OMG! I had allocations to prep first thing on Monday morning and couldn't sleep with worrying about it. If I went to campus I'd miss the service tech but if I waited and he came late, I wouldn't get them done. This kept my mind reeling and I got up twice before midnight to try the modem again and then to try and set up my phone as a hotspot. Failed on both and finally fell asleep only to get up at 5:30 to try the modem again. Nope. I tried to fall back asleep but gave up and got up at 6:30. My internet was back!


So that problem was magically fixed but I was exhausted. I had a minimal effort day and spent the afternoon sorting yarn that had accumulated over the past few months and needed to be put away. At least that was fun and needed doing. I also did something I've vowed to do for years and haven't managed - I started a sweater! I'm using various skeins of mystery DK yarn and will stripe them. I hope I don't lose interest and can get it done to wear this fall/winter. Here's the start of the neck.

I ended the week in the pool, then rushing home for a quick shower then a bowl cheerios for supper while watching PBS so a lovely end to the day. I was not cancelling my service call because this cannot happen again during fiscal year end. I can only hope it stays on. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment