Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 31 - Closing Meeting Week

Closing meeting week had arrived but it didn't look like it would be too bad. Mary was doing the meetings and they were nicely spaced out and I'd prepped most of the reports so would just be updating numbers. I had high hopes for it not being stressful.

It was also fair week (they always coincide) and I was entering 5 small knitted items, including the hat I showed in last week's post along with 4 pairs of socks, and made rugelach to fill the 6th entry tag on my sheet. There's a limit of 5 in any one class so I'm always looking for another class to enter in and this year it was food. The extra rugelach went to knitting. Perfect.


I had lunch with Helen at the Mexican restaurant in town on Tuesday, which was fun, and made a beeline to the fairgrounds after work to check my ribbons. I got blues all around and best of lot on these socks, which were my own design and I'd dyed the yarn. i almost didn't enter them but am glad I did, clearly. : )

The closing meeting prep went well and so I managed to fit lots of other things in amonst them. I had lunch with Steve and Layton on Wednesday (3/4 of the original lunch bunch from HR days), swam after work and then went on the spur of the moment to Haoya Korean BBQ with Rene after swimming. My boss had recommended it and while they were out of the pork when we arrived 20 minutes before closing, the chicken BBQ fries were delish. 

I got a haircut and my grab and go lunch on Thursday. Was I trying to make up for not eating out during the pandemic with all the eating out this week? Maybe. I also got a fry bread taco on Sunday at a bar in Wahoo when I went to the fairgrounds to pick up my entries. That's plenty of eating out for one week.

I spent some time on the weekend clearing out some of the brush pile beside the garage in anticipation of the trees coming down. It was satisfying work with some being broken up for burning in my firepit, some going to the city burn pile and some of the shmutz at the bottom going into the 2nd compost bin, which I'd emptied before I started. I top dressed my containers with some of that and will probably keep some in the garage over the winter for using in houseplants.

I ended the week with errands in Lincoln before swimming. I had a credit at Menard's so got birdseed there, which was much more expensive than at the farm store in Wahoo, and hit some thrifts. I love ending the weekend with swimming and there aren't many more weeks of that. I will need to figure out something else to do when that's over but I can put that off for a bit. Viva procrastination!

No comments:

Post a Comment