Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 33 - A Quiet Week

Normally after fiscal year end, I'd be jumping on a plane to Rhode Island but we were delaying until later in August so John would be at the cottage for his high school reunion. I'm not used to being home after fiscal year end so I was ready for a quiet week and I got one. 

The weather was gorgeous on Monday so I popped a pie in the oven and then ate my lunch on the deck. That's a nice start to my week. I spent the work week catching up on everything I'd let hang during fiscal year end and did 2 one-on-one training sessions so the week was over in a flash. I had the last swim of the summer after work on Wednesday and flexed my time on Friday so Andrea and I could do a Fremont run at 3:00. All good.

We did our regular Fremont run so started at the Habitat Restore, getting there 30 minutes before they closed. I found a few things but the score of the day was a fun, vintage quilt for $5! Isn't this a beauty? It's tied and some of them are coming undone so I may see about having it quilted. I love it! We also did our usual Goodwill and Aldi shopping then got sushi for supper. I love starting a weekend with a Friday Fremont run, which means I have the rest of the weekend at home. Even with mostly working from home, having an entire weekend at home is still a treat.

I had grand plans for getting down to the craft room to start organizing. Normally I work on my crumb quilt during fiscal year end but this year I haven't quilted a stitch so wanted to get the craft room in better order. Well, I spent most of Saturday knitting and streaming For All Mankind on Apple TV+. It's about the space race but has a bit of a twist and I was totally sucked in. Only out of sheer self-imposed guilt did I force myself downstairs in the late afternoon. I went through all of the bags and baskets of sweaters that were piled in front of my fabric cupboard. They were bought either for felting or for taking apart for the yarn, mostly for $.99 back when Goodwill had those sales, which they don't anymore - another thing covid brought to an end. I had way more than I could ever use so if they were wearable, I bagged them up and loaded them in the car for donating. Don't worry, I kept plenty for future crafting. And it felt good that I'd accomplished something.

Cindy called on Sunday and was looking for a break from her house full of people who were there to visit her dying brother-in-law. I had my first ever box wine (an Aldi purchase Andrea encouraged me to get) sitting in my fridge so we had a lovely afternoon of chatting over wine and I hope she left feeling bettter for the break. I went outside after she left and planted a few seeds for fall crops. They were mostly the old seeds I'd planted earlier this year but I had nothing to lose so planted away.

So, it was a nice, quiet week and I felt recharged from the mania of fiscal year end. Just one more week to go and I'd be heading back east, which is always a treat. Hopefully the next week would be quiet too.


No comments:

Post a Comment