Sunday, August 25, 2019

Week 34 - Just Catching Up

Finally a normal week with no obligations. Nirvana! With life back to normal, it was time to make pre-trip list. I had a few biggies on it and was determined to make a dent on the list.

Work was busy, which is wonderful. The weather was awful to start the week. I ran out Tuesday over lunch and struck gold at Goodwill - sock yarn! I had considered not going out because it was blazing hot so am glad I fought that. But at 4:00, the temp was in the 90's but it was so humid that it felt like 110. Yikes! I picked up a bag of salad at The Warehouse and went home for taco salad. Storms were on the way that would break the heat and I was more than ready for them.

On the list front, I hired a cleaning lady on Wednesday night, someone Heidi had recommended. I asked her to give me the weekend to get my house in order and then she'll be coming over to see the house and meet me. Yee ha! And on Thursday morning I met with the body shop that Anne recommeded and scheduled my car to be fixed while I'm on my cruise. The only thing left is to get my phone activated. Next week.

My friend Darla was the focus of the rest of my week. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and was having surgery on Thursday. We met for a long lunch on Wednesday at our favorite breakfast place - Cook's Cafe. We both had breakfast for lunch and talked for ages. It was a balm for both of us. Her surgery went well on Thursday and she was going on home Friday. I went straight home Thursday, made dinner and put a breakfast casserole in the oven to take to Darla. I had just started eating when Andrea came over and asked if I wanted to go to the Not New in Wahoo rummage sale at the fairgrounds. I threw on socially acceptable clothes and off we went. It was fun and I found a couple of treasures, getting home just as the casserole needed to come out of the oven. By the time I nuked my dinner and ate, it was too late to start the pie I had planned to make so I went to bed and would deal in the morning.

Not only did I have to get up and make a pie before work, but I got an email from the travel agent in the UK saying the cruise company was requiring travel insurance, which Anne and I didn't buy. When Anne called from the gym, I got on the phone to the UK. Come to find out, UK travel insurance is more about health insurance and that's what the cruise wanted. I explained that American health insurance covered us anywhere so all we had to do was send our health insurance info. Easy peasy. I put the piping hot blueberry/peach pie in the car and headed to work.

I took Layton to Green Gateau for lunch for his birthday and after work I went to Darla's to drop off the food. She looked great and had way more energy than I had after my surgeries. All power to her.  With plans to start a rotation on Saturday, I had snack supper of chips and salsa with a beer with Dairy Queen for dessert. Yum!

So I got up late Saturday morning and was having my coffee when Helen called. She works overnights so was on her way home and wanted to stop by. She had my fair ticket, which I'd need to pick up our entries. I'd checked the results and all of my socks had ribboned and Helen had gotten not only all ribbons but best of division on one of her drawings. Nice. Anyway, we chatted for awhile and by the time she left, it was too late for breakfast so I just started my project for the day - reorganzing all the yarn and reclaiming my front room. I dug in immediately and by the time I looked up, it was 1:30. At that point, I decided to skip lunch and see how it went. I did have tea mid-afternoon but did fine without eating until dinner, which was a pork chop and broccoli. It had been easier than I thought. Hmmm....

I had made a huge dent in the yarn situation on Saturday so just had to put stuff away and finish up on Sunday. I decided to skip breakfast again and get busy. I ran over to Lorri's around lunchtime to water and ate a small tomato while I was there but otherwise did the same, eating nothing until dinner. I'm excited to see how much weight I've dropped in two days of mostly fasting. Otherwise it was a normal Sunday of chores and a long call with my Auntie Margaret. , which was lovely but not as good as seeing her in person. 

The other thing I got done this week was catching up on my blog, which you may have noticed. I will try to blog more often going forward. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment