Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Week 30 - Highs and Lows

The weather was gorgeous this week and I took full advantage - windows open, time outside gardening and a trip to The Dairy Store for an afternoon ice cream break. I was also watering my friend Lorri's containers while she was away so not sweating bullets was a treat.

I had some fun with friends too. Anne, Rene and I met Amanda for dinner at BW's, which is always fun. The bonus this time was I didn't come down with an intestinal bug like last time (it wasn't anything to do with the food but I barely made it home last time we went there.) I also met knitting friends at Mocha C's on Saturday because Lorri was in town for a hair appointment. We decided to get pedicures too and the nail place next door to Mocha C's could do all 4 of us at 1:00 so we got pretty toes too. Of course we all kept knitting while they did our toes. Why not?

On a less happy note, a dear friend told me that she was diagnosed with breast cancer, which sent me into a total funk. I was completely out of it at book club and had to will myself back to happy. A good night's sleep helped immensely.

At work, I finally started the big project I'd been putting off since it was the last thing on my too short to do list. It was fun to dig in and I made tons of progress. And now that I was assured of getting more work, I wasn't afraid to get it done. Yay!

That's about all there is to say about the week. I had done my laundry on Saturday because Sunday's weather was supposed to be iffy. Without having laundry to start my chores on Sunday, I got a SLOW start and was in my jammies for a big chunk of the day. Oh well. I still got the chores done. Eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment