Sunday, August 25, 2019

Week 33 - Back to Reality

I started the week on a plane. The trip was uneventful, which is all you can ask for these days when flying, and I got in sooner than I'd thought. I left Eppley just after 5:00 and even with rush hour traffic, was still in my house within an hour. Unfortunately I'd forgotten to have Lorri turn my AC down and since it was set at 82, there was no staying inside. Good thing it was Monday. I let the cats out, turned the AC down and went to the library for Monday Night Knitting. It was much cooler when I got home so I unpacked, set up the coffee pot and went to bed. Tuesday was back to reality.


I woke up so bloated that I felt like a balloon. I never drink enough on weekends and drank even less on vacation so I guess my body decided to retain every bit of water I'd consumed in the past week. I had noticed some bloating in Rhode Island but nothing to compare. I started drinking and didn't stop all day. By the next morning, I was down 6 pounds. 6 pounds of water! Nuts.

I had planned on having a quiet night at home on Tuesday but Helen called and said she was coming over to pick up my fair entries. Now I already had Andrea's at my house but neither of us had printed our reports to attach so Andrea ran to her shop to print ours but found only 1 piece of paper when she got there. I ran down with paper and Helen met us there. Andrea left to finish her dinner, which I'd interupted when I called, but Helen and I stood in the parking lot chatting until after dark. I get very little Helen time so it was a happy thing. Here's another happy thing - a swallowtail on my lantana.


Well I got my wish for a night at home on Wednesday. It was a busy day at work with lots of meetings so I went straight home and cracked a mango/pashionfruit cider to celebrate being home. But my stomach was feeling off as I drank it and before you know it, I had the runs. Sheesh! I took an immodium and went to bed early. Luckily I was fine the next morning.

The rest of the week flew by with more meetings and my usual lunches with Dodie and Layton. The carpet in all the offices on the opposite side of my floor was being replaced and by Friday afternoon, the fumes from the adhesive were pretty strong. Mary came in and told us we could leave so I happily left at 4:00 to start the weekend early.

Much as I wanted to stay home, I'd agreed to go to spinning in Fremont Saturday afternoon to drop something for Andrea. So after a nice chat with Carolyn, I got dressed and headed out. I had to stop at the library to print a mailing label then hit the tiny post office in Colon (yes, we have a town named Colon) on the way to Fremont. Spinning was fine but doing Goodwill and Aldi without Andrea was boring. Then to top it off, my plans to get sushi to go for dinner at home were thwarted when the sushi place was closed for renovations. Oh well. I had a relaxing and productive day on Sunday and got caught up from being away. I was looking foward to a normal week coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment