Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Week 52 - My Boring Break

Having moved up Christmas due to weather, the week starting with Christmas Day was uneventful. There was lots of streaming and knitting with my foot up and iced but there were a few bright spots.

After opening my stocking boxes from my sisters on Christmas morning, I had leftover lasagna for lunch and watched Die Hard while, you guessed it, knitting and streaming. I finished my advent socks (you knit a stripe each day in December) but couldn't wear them yet. I had no Christmas dinner plans but did pull a yummy dinner together thanks to Aldi stuff in my freezer. I had creamed scallops and shrimp over pasta and a yummy tart along with Winking Owl wine. Not bad for freezer diving.

Over the course of the week, I did attempt to do a few chores in between all the streaming. I did manage to go through the cupboards to see what I needed, prompted by not finding a can of tomato paste last week when I made the lasagna. Otherwise, the high points were going to Lorri's for tea on Thursday and chatting with friends. This included Lori, who invited herself over for tea on New Year's Day, which upped the chore list but I had plenty of days to do a few here and there. The floors were the absolute priority as well as clearing some surfaces.

But the best thing that happened was when I went to Lincoln on Friday to get my stitches out. That meant the bandages were also gone. Yay! I left with steristrips over the incisions, a brace to keep my big toe in place and a gauzy cover so people wouldn't see the beads on the tips of 2 toes. Icky, trust me. From there I met Darla at Cook's Cafe for the best sausages and breakfast in town. The company was great too. With full bellies, we went to Aldi (more walking than I'd done in ages) and then I headed home. It had felt good to be out in public and it's always great to see Darla but it was time to put my foot up. Having tired of streaming, I started listening to our book club book - Dear Mrs. Bird. That felt different and nice.

I only left the house again on Sunday because I needed to buy long men's socks to cover the beads without touching them. I also picked up a few things at The Warehouse. That was it for New Year's Eve celebration for me. I had zero interest in staying up until midnight so went to bed early to read in my toasty bed, heated up with my electric mattress pad.

So, not much to report. Streaming, knitting and icing with a bit of socializing towards the end of the week. But stitch removal still wins. I hope you all had a more interesting Christmas and New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment