Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Week 1 - Happy New Year

I've heard that how you start you year is how it will go. Well I started with a day off, making an apple pie and having tea in the sun with friends. I'll take it!

Tuesday was back to work and reality. I'd worked so little in the past 6 weeks that I was at a loss for what to do. I started with monthly reports, which took care of Tuesday, but then had one of the accountants who was in the office send me a pic of the to do list on my desk. Nothing. Before my trip and the week between my trip and surgery I'd been slamming on data for the F&A proposal so with that mostly done, it was time to get back to my normal work. With my new boss out, I was left with documenting the F&A databases. And with so many people extending break, I wasn't getting user emails either. It was a slow work week.

With frigid weather in the forecast for next week, I was keenly aware of trying to take advantage of the final warmer days. I was making a pot of sausage/potato soup and had some chard from the freezer but went out to my garden and was able to pick fresh chard from my veg beds. Fabulous! The soup was delicious too and totally hit the spot. Then on the weekend, I did a load of sheets and hung them on the line. It was sunny when I put them out but clouds set in, as forecast, so they weren't dry at the end of the day. I draped them all over the house, hoping that they'd still have the wonderful dried outside smell. It would be the last time for that in a long time.

Not much else was going on at home either. Sitting at my desk for work was uncomfortable so I spent evenings sitting with my foot up and icing. I did run errands in town on Thursday and picked up a burger and chips from a local restaurant, which I'd been wanting all week, on Friday. Delish! I had some fun kool aid dyeing sock blanks on the weekend and chatted with friends, plus knitting and streaming, of course. Story of my life.

So it's a good thing the week started with fun because the rest of the week was pretty mundane. And with the frigid weather coming, I don't think there will be much beyond more knitting and streaming. Happy 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment