Sunday, December 31, 2023

Week 51 - Sitting and Knitting

I took my last pain pill on Monday morning and lived to tell when it wore off. With no pain meds on board, I was able to drive myself to knitting at the library and stayed the whole 2 hours, enjoying seeing people and being social. Progress!

The rest of the week was uneventful. I did start to do a few things in the house - a load of laundry, changing my sheets, making dinner one night.... that kind of thing. While it felt good to be doing more, it also had me taking a pain pill in the wee hours twice that week. I'd call that a worthy bargain. I was still spending most of my waking hours sitting and knitting while searching for something to stream on my many, many streaming services. Slow Horse on AppleTV was great and with 3 seasons, took a few days to watch. Got any streaming recommendations for me?

By the weekend, the weather forecast for Christmas Day was a blizzard so I called Anne on Saturday night to suggest we move our Christmas dinner to Sunday. She was doing breakfast with her family so said she'd call me when she was done with that and I'd head down. I got up Sunday morning and had the sauce on the stove before I sat down for CBS Sunday Morning. I put the lasagna together when my fave show was done and was ready when Anne called. She had a fire going and the oven pre-heated when I walked in the door. We had my lasagna and Anne provided the salad, bread and dessert. We tried to watch Maestro but gave up after an hour, switching to Big Eyes and then Willy Wonka when we were done with that. It was a lovely early Christmas celebration and I was home shortly after dark. It was raining lightly but would turn to snow overnight. I was more than ready for a quiet Christmas watching the snow fall.

So it was a very quiet week with a very quiet Christmas Eve dinner. My foot was definitely less painful and I was able to do a bit more to take care of myself. I was icing behind my knee since my toes were under an inch of bandage and so not accessible (hence the scarf tied around my knee holding the ice against the back of my knee in the pic), I had finished several pairs of socks and get this - started a crocheted afghan! That's how desperate I am for something different. Just one more week and I'd be getting my stitches out then 2 more weeks and the rods would come out too. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment