Tuesday, January 16, 2024

2024 - Just One Word

I struggled with the word for 2024 because it'll be a big year for me with lots of changes. I'm retiring in August - yay!

I thought about Less as the word for the year but I could hear Paul from Ripples saying that I need to focus on positive things not less of the negative things. I was thinking Less because I need less stuff in my life (time for a big purge and now that I can donate things to Becky to sell at her Stuff for Strays garage sales, I'm more motivated to go through things) and I'll be working less but that didn't seem like a good enough word. After thinking about switching it to More (more culling things, more organizing what's left, more exercise, etc. - thinking of the positive things), I decided on this:

Reset

My entire life will be getting a huge reset when I stop working. With the limited energy that comes with aging, I will no longer be spending most of it on my job. I plan to focus on what brings me joy and have started a to do list for post retirement. So reset it is. Happy 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment