Monday, September 11, 2023

Week 31 - Goodbye to Kittens

Back in June when I agreed to foster the kittens, I said they had to be gone before I left for Rhode Island so this was my last week with all 5. I had plenty of quality time with them between the blazing heat and fiscal year end keeping me inside the house.

I was still in the thick of fiscal year end meetings but Monday was the day for the "big spreadsheet", which takes upward of 4 hours to create and I have to be meticulous as all get out. Not a bad way to start the week because Monday flew but there was a formula problem that I had to fix on Tuesday. Still, this was much better than the problems with it last fiscal year end.

I prepped a huge box of yarn for Dottie after work on Tuesday and reclaimed the front room a bit, which felt great. Dropping the box at UPS before work on Wednesday felt great too. The day was busy with meeting prep and I waited to leave for lunch until Mary had gone into a meeting. First stop was UNL's Passport Office, where they took my picture and helped with my renewal despite me not having an appointment. I then went in search of a post office to mail it from only to be thwarted by Siri sending me to a closed location, traffic preventing me from getting to another and then waiting in line for 20 minutes when I finally found one. Sheesh! But it's all sent so should be back in plenty of time for my late November trip. Swimming after work was lovely and when I got home at 8:00, I enjoyed a bowl of cereal (supper of champions!) while watching The Grocery Girls - my favorite knitting YouTubers.

Thursday at 5:00 was the end of fiscal year 2023 so after prepping for the final meetings, I was happy to end the day with a box of yarn arriving from Facebook Marketplace and a video chat with Anne, who was calling late from Italy because she couldn't fall asleep.

I did some celebrating Friday to mark the end of the year, taking Chinese to Lorri's for lunch and then I made a fake frapuccino (from an Aldi's mix) instead of tea that afternoon. Anne video chatted again so I got to hear more about Italy. Nice end to a busy work week.

Rene was coming to play with kittens on Saturday so I got up and started cleaning. I don't do major cleaning but there's nothing like someone coming over to get me to do the bathroom and floors. I had bought Wahoo wieners (the hot dogs made by the local locker plant) so we had a yummy lunch and lots of kitten fun. It was my last full day with them all so I took lots of picture and gave them some extra love. 

Sunday was the day for Becky to pick them up. While I'd enjoyed having them and they helped me get over Gansey, I'll admit that they were a handful as they got bigger and more comfortable in my house. Becky came and took all their accouterments before I got them in 2 carriers and into her car, which was easy peasy. She thanked me profusely and was off. I immediately started reclaiming my back room. If felt good to have everything in order and clean but it was SO quiet. As much as they could be pests, I'd be missing them for sure. Hazel and Goodie were my 2 foster fails though so I'd be picking them up after my vacation and would be adopting them. Tot and Pixel wouldn't be happy but at least it would only be 2.

Between fiscal year end being mostly done and the kittens being gone, my life was super calm. Now to prepare for my annual beach week, which is usually right after the books close but was delayed a week this year. Just 4 more work days and I'd be Rhode Island bound. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment