Saturday, September 30, 2023

Week 35 - Holiday Weekend Slug

I started the week waking up at 2:30 in the morning worried about not having put out the recycling. You guessed it - I went out in my nightie and put it at the curb. My week didn't get much more exciting than that.

Wednesday was not a campus day because UNL was going for breaking the record of the most spectators at a women's sporting event so we were forbidden from going to campus. They did break the record, which was all over the national news and even across the pond on BBC. Go figure.

As for my week, I had knitting Monday night then 2 zooms Tuesday after work - a Husker Cats meeting and then a Grow Big Red one on fall garden prep. I taught 2 of my monthly classes and ended the week with monthly reports, which I was alone on because Brook was out. We got to stop work for the holiday weekend at 3:00 but I wasn't done so kept working. Oh well. At least I had lunch at Wahoo's new steak house with Helen as a prelude to the weekend.

I had no firm plans for the weekend but Andrea and I went to Fremont early on Saturday so as not to kill the entire day. The Restore was closed for the holiday weekend but I scored some fun stuff at Goodwill before hitting Aldi. The groceries were put away by 2:30 but my day was still dead. I knitted while streaming for the rest of the day. I had high hopes for Sunday.

Nope. I talked to a couple of friends and did laundry but nothing else. I thinking I could redeem myself by being productive on Labor Day. Check out my next post to see if that happened. : )


Here's a picture of the girls just because they're so stinkin' cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment