Saturday, September 30, 2023

Week 36 - Enjoying Some Nachos

Nachos. Yeah there were a few and I enjoyed them all, which may have been the highlight of the week.

It all started on Monday - Labor Day. I got my weekly email from the local yarn shop in Lincoln and they showcased their September yarn from a local dyer who often uses Lincoln locations as inspiration. September's was Tico's, which is the Mexican restaurant where Darla and I like to go for nachos. I immediately bought the yarn (sock yarn, of course) and instantly had nachos on the brain. It was supposedly inspired by a stained glass window but all I could see was salsa. I will make socks for Darla's birthday and maybe we can celebrate over nachos.

So my plan was to have a productive day to make up for having been a total slug for the weekend. But with nachos on the brain, I decided to bag productivity in favor of nachos. Tico's is closed on Mondays and Darla had plans but my two retired friends were game so I drove to Lincoln and we went to El Toro for margueritas and nachos. Yum! I dropped off a trunk load of donations for the Stuff for Strays garage sales that my friend Becky, who brought me the kittens who saved my summer, runs to raise money for cat care. And when I got home, I put the leftover nacho toppings on chips I had at home and had nachos for dinner. Double yum.

Tuesday was a blur of catching up and troubleshooting and Wednesday was a campus day. Those are all about what I can get done while I'm in Lincoln so I did some thrifting at lunch and scored a sturdy end table to put my new circular sock knitting machine on. Yay! After work, a bunch of us were going to Tico's as a welcome for the new Director of Accounting but she had something come up and worked from home. Bummer but I enjoyed MORE NACHOS and another marguerita while chatting with work friends. I stopped at DQ in Wahoo on the way home and was disappointed that the summer Puppy Chow Blizzard was already over but I got a peanut butter sundae and called it a day.

The rest of the work week was uneventful and I had no plans for the weekend. I ran some errands on Saturday and got my favorite grab and go for lunch and then made bean dip for Saturday snack supper, which I ate with tortilla chips so nacho adjacent.

I had a few more chores to get done on Sunday but the plan was to see if I could get my sock machine set up. Before I could start that, I needed to change the litter boxes. Well, I stepped wrong when I was doing that and instantly had searing, burning pain in the tendon that's been bothering me, which goes from my right big toe to under my arch. I'd never had burning and it was very painful so I spent the day icing and elevating my foot while streaming (Dark Winds on AMC, which was good) and knitting. It did some good and I was able to make dinner, which was a chicken enchilada casserole with a side of broccoli. That's more Mexican food than I normally eat in months and I'd be eating the casserole 4 more times. Good thing it was yummy.

So it was plan B all week and not the productivity I'd planned but as long as I have clean underwear for the following week, it's all good. I started taking big guns ibuprofen Sunday night and would keep that up to hopefully help the sore tendon. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment