Thursday, July 28, 2022

Week 26 - Staying at Home

After a weekend of total relaxation and recharge, I was feeling much better and was ready to get back to normal. Monday was my 9th day so I could go out with a mask but I opted to stay in and so skipped Monday Night Knitting. I did go out on Tuesday with my mask on to get my grab and go lunch and go to the bank and The Warehouse. Other than the mask, it felt OK and I had a nice work day doing monthly foundation reports, having caught up on everything on Monday. On Wednesday, I went back to work and it was a full day.

We were having a surprise 40th birthday party for Lacey so I picked roses in my garden before work as decorations. I had lunch with Steve and Layton - our first in many, many years since Steve had left UNL but now he's back and as the head of HR (we were both compensation analysts when I started in 1998.) Lacey's party was a hit and lots of fun. I had plans to meet an old girl scout friend who was on her way through Nebraska on a road trip but she was delayed so I had time to hit Aldi for much needed groceries before we met for dinner. We ate at Cracker Barrel because it was right off I-80 and practically closed it down. It was a lovely catch up. I survived the long day just fine so clearly was done with Covid. There was a bit of residual congestion but nothing else. Yay! And what a fun day.

I had zooms galore on Thursday and then spent a chunk of Friday setting up my new work laptop and screens, which was very frustrating. It was good Friday afternoon work though and I could cross that off my list. I'd have happily kept using my personal laptop but someone decided that wasn't efficient so I complied. That may be why I was asked for a list of what I was working on too. Suspect for sure but I did it.


I spent Saturday reclaiming my house. I neatized and cleaned - bathroom, floors, etc. - between episodes of Outlander and knitting. On Sunday, I headed outside, weeding my veg beds and the bed between the sidewalk and street. Camden came and mowed so things were getting back on track after vacation and Covid. Here's a picture of my abundant (overgrown to some) back bed with some of the roses I picked for Lacey. What's not to like about pink and green?



No comments:

Post a Comment