Thursday, July 28, 2022

Week 27 - Friends and Slogging

The week started out with gorgeous weather - 85 and sunny but not humid so lovely. I made a strawberry rhubarb pie to take to knitting and I also brought leftover sock yarn to share that a member of my Socks from Stash group on Ravelry had sent to me since I love to make monster socks. It was nice to see my friends again.

The heat was back on Tuesday so after going out for my grab and go lunch, I closed up the house and turned on the AC. Summer in Nebraska. I worked on campus again on Wednesday and ran around town over lunch looking for TVP (texturized vegetable protein, which I use in my taco salad mix and had run out of). After work, I went back to the pool, which felt great on such a hot day. I do love water aerobics outside.

Lacey is a peach about letting us out early before holiday and since it was the long weekend for the 4th, she let us stop working at 3:00 on Friday. Cindy had been having a rough week so I had chilled a bottle of pineapple wine and drove down to Waverly right after work with wine, cheese and crackers. She was surprised and we had a lovely afternoon chatting over treats. She and her husband had dinner plans but she loaded me up with food when I left - pulled pork she'd mistakenly thawed thinking it was turkey, roasted veggies and some excess produce. After a quick stop at the small market in her town, I headed home for a long weekend.

My goal for the weekend was slogging through my back room. Having to clear my desk off had lead to piles all over the place and I still had some vacation crap to deal with. So that's what I did. I went through piles, drawers, boxes.... it took days! of course there was knitting in between all this (check out the fun socks I made with a chicken inspired sock set) and talking to friends and family but mostly it was slogging. I felt good about my progress though and still had another day to finish things up. I ended the day in the pool in Lincoln. Not my normal Sunday pool on the north side, which cancelled class, but it was worth the drive further south. Swimming was a nice break from cleaning. All good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment