Sunday, February 6, 2022

Week 5 - On a Roll

My week was full of productivity despite being busy almost every night. And there's nothing wrong with a week that starts with delivery of yarn that had been lost in the mail for a month. Not only was it sock yarn but mystery sock yarn and it was absolutely gorgeous. But enough about sock yarn (said me never) - anyway....

It was a training week at work and my evenings were particularly busy. I had knitting Monday night, a Husker Cats zoom on Wednesday, book club on Thursday and did a Fremont run for groceries Friday night. Despite all that, I still managed to continue on my cleaning mission.

I started washing the china from the hutch Tuesday over lunch but opted for cooking Tuesday night, my usual night to cook, instead of doing more. But when I woke up super early on Wednesday, I finished washing the china before work, which meant I put the hutch back to pretty over lunch. So here it is - the before and after. Way better, right? I'm not going to waste time beating myself up on how crappy it looked for so long. Clutter is a constant battle for me. It's in my genes.



With my Fremont run for groceries and such done on Friday, I was ready to rock and roll on Saturday. Since it was going to be nearly 60 degrees, my goal was to finish the windows. I pulled all the valances first thing and had them washed and hanging on the clothesline so was ready to clean. I had bought foam window cleaner at Dollar Tree and pulled the dustbuster from my Aldi electric broom so the cleaning when much faster than last week's front room windows. I forced myself to iron and rehang the curtains after stopping for a tea break so the windows were completely done. It's amazing how clean they looked. Dirty windows must be like cataracts - the dirt builds up so slowly that you don't know how unclear your view is until it's gone. Now to not wait years before I clean them again.

I rewarded myself Sunday with some relaxation time. I had bought a chuck roast at HyVee on Friday so cooked that in the electric frying pan over the course of the afternoon. I also went through my seeds and ordered new ones for this year's garden. I managed a few chores too and ended the week feeling great about my continued progress plus I had my birthday week to look forward to. All good. 

Here's a gorgeous sunset pic I took from my kitchen window Saturday night. The days are definitely getting longer. : )




No comments:

Post a Comment