Saturday, January 29, 2022

Week 4 - The Big Clean

It was another quiet pandemic week but with plenty of interactions and lots of productivity.

I finished slogging through the last of the front room on MLK Day then went to knitting but kept my mask on and sat socially distant from everyone. Better safe than sorry. Janet had a bunch of yarn in her car that she was going to donate to Goodwill but gave to me instead. I had a happy time sorting the yarn - some for my sister, some for Anne, a few for me and a bunch for my neighbor. I still have my sister's box to ship but it'll have to wait until I go to UPS in Lincoln.

The weather was going to turn cold so I made sure to get my grab and go on Tuesday so I could stay home and cozy for the rest of the week. On Wednesday I had my monthly zoom PD with Paul (always fun) and then had a burst of energy at 5:00 and got some chores done after work. I hope I can keep that up since we I now have 30 minutes of daylight after work to be productive before dark.

I enjoyed my favorite Grocery Girls over lunch on Thursday and then messaged with Helen before bed. That was followed with actually talking with her after work on Friday, which was fun. Before she called, I popped the Jiffy Pop Dottie put in my stocking (yes it still exists but is a total pain in the butt with all that shaking) and watched the new Matrix movie. It's been decades since I've seen the others so I was pretty lost. Oh well. I finished the movie after I hung up with Helen and went to bed hoping for a good night's sleep so I'd be all set for a super productive weekend. 

My mission was to clean the front room now that it had been cleared out and organized. I started at the ceiling and worked my way down to the floor. I got out the Pledge and dusted the furniture, which hadn't been done in years. I have 4 windows in the front room and it took 2 hours to clean them. By clean I mean scraping dust with a screwdriver, vacuuming every crevice, wiping them down and only then washing the actual windows. I was pretty tired after all that but made myself do the floors since that would mean I'd be done with cleaning. I rewarded myself with a burger and fries from Chips (a Wahoo restaurant) but the fries were a soggy mess after being shut in the takeout container. Oh well.

The only thing I had left for Sunday was putting the rugs back down and vacuuming them then washing the valances, ironing them and hanging them back up. I chatted with my sister and a friend on Sunday morning then got all that done after lunch. I got a call from Rene asking if she could stop by on her way back from Omaha with lemons she'd picked on her Arizona trip. We chatted for a couple of hours, drinking Christmas Cookie beer and earing PB&J bread that I'd made that afternoon. It was a lovely end to a productive weekend. And it's still a rarity to have someone in my house. Will this pandemic ever be over? I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment