Monday, February 7, 2022

Week 6 - My Birthday Week

What a fun week! My birthday was Tuesday but I stretched my celebrations out for the whole week. I have wonderful friends.

It started Monday afternoon when it was in the 50's so I took the afternoon off to hang with Lori. At noon I made lemon chip cookies and bread pudding with a Christmas stollen and a few white chocolate chips, which meant I'd succeeded in my first month of "bake something with chips every month" (yes, it was the 31st but I still made it). I met Lori at the lake at 2:00 and we walked with her dog. Clouds had come in so it was a bit chilly but we warmed up as we walked. Then it was back to my deck for tea. Andrea was late so only arrived as Lori was getting ready to leave but it was a treat to be outside in January. I took the rest of the cookies to knitting that night and we knitted until 9:00 - our latest since the days when we used to knit at the vet's club.

Tuesday was my actual birthday but as usual, it also was monthly reports day. I was plugging away at those when Lorri (2 R's so not the same as Monday's Lori) called to say she wanted to bring me lunch. Nice. She got the grab and go I had planned to get myself and we chatted the lunch hour away. Cindy had suggested meeting for dinner at BW's in Ashland (my fave dive that serves tater tot nachos) but it was so cold that we agreed, happily, to postpone. The rest of the day flew by and I had some nice birthday phone calls that night.

It was bitter cold on Wednesday so quite a change and I stayed cozy inside. I made Mexican layered dip at lunch and had that and a beer for supper. I finished a pair of socks, which I gave a rarely awarded super happy rating on my Ravelry project page - perfect yarn (my favorite frosty purple) and pattern, while watching the Harry Potter 20 year anniversary show. I started Thursday by going through every little piece of paper on both my computer tables and got organized and sent an email to my boss to confirm my what's next prioritization. After enjoying The Grocery Girls live over lunch, I dug into work.

Friday was another birthday event. Anne came over with my favorite Panera salad and some treats she'd made. We chatted the evening away and she got me set up again on her Apple TV account, which was the reason she came up instead of my usual visit to her house. She left at 8:00 and I immediately started watching Ted Lasso. Nice. I spent Saturday doing chores between episodes and was done by Saturday night. If you'd ever told me that I'd not only love but get choked up over a series about soccer in the UK, I'd have laughed but that's what Ted Lasso did. Love that show!

With the front room and all the windows done, I'd decided to do my bedroom next because it was already 80% done. I only had a small window on Sunday morning but went in there and had the room picked up and the floors washed before Helen arrived. She brought chicken marsala for lunch and an entire banana cake for my birthday. We chatted the afternoon away and when she left, that was the end of my birthday celebrations.

What a great week! I have such wonderful friends and they made my birthday - another pandemic one - special.

No comments:

Post a Comment