Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 38 - The Big Itch

I woke up Monday morning with itchy legs. I chalked it up to having weeded in a dress on Sunday, put on some lotion and didn't give it another thought. That was not going to be the case later in the week.

I woke up Tuesday with itchy legs again and this time I had to do lotion and hydrocortisone, which was WAY out of date. It was pretty itchy and was further up my legs so I called and made an appointment with the only doc who had an opening. Of course by the time I got there at 1:30, the rash was 95% gone but at least I scored some of the Rx cream I used to put on my eczema - with refills. He told me to keep taking benadryl at night, which I'd been doing to help me sleep anyway. 

I woke up Wednesday with no sign of the rash and went along with my work day. When I went to bed that night, it didn't even dawn on me to take a benadryl. OMG! I woke up Thursday with not only out of control itch but big, red welts all the way up my legs. The itch was CRAZY so I called in sick, took a benadryl and went to bed. I woke up before lunch and the rash was completely gone. What? I worked that afternoon and did a quick Omaha run after work to pick up fan parts (I'd broken a ceiling fan blade trying to kill a mosquito with a broom) and some groceries at Aldi. I absolutely took a benadryl that night and continued to for the rest of the week. Sheesh!

I was going away the following weekend so spent this weekend at home cleaning, cooking and getting ready to be gone. The garbage disposal I'd ordered from Amazon had come and now I needed my fan worked on so called Ed to ask him to think of fitting me in sometime soon. The weekend was not only productive but I spent a chunk of time on the phone with friends. All good. I had a 4 day work week coming up and then fun with Connie so it was good to be caught up. And no more rash after Thursday's flare up. I'll call that a good end to a weird week. 


Since I don't have any other pics for the week, here's a pair of socks that I finished. I mostly worked on them during zoom meetings. They're orange so of course are for me. Perfect for fall. If it will only get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment