Saturday, July 24, 2021

Week 29 - Released and Discharged

What a great week! So many good things in one week.

I had scheduled 2 PTs instead in 3 so was going Tuesday and Thursday, which are super slow days in their office. I also had my 8 week zoom check in with my knee doctor on Wednesday afternoon. I met with the PA and since everything was all good, they released me. I hope I never need to see them again. Wish me luck. And with the doctor pleased with my PT progress, I was discharged from PT on Thursday. Yay! I was officially done with my knee. It's still a bit swollen, which could last for months, and not 100% straight but that will come. I'm thrilled with my new knee.

Another happy thing was my internet. I'd been having trouble zooming with my slow DSL so I'd called Windstream during the week for help. They did some stuff over my line and got me a bit more speed but said I could upgrade to high speed for no additional cost. The tech was scheduled between 1:00 and 3:00 on Friday but came before lunch to start and was finished up in no time after lunch. And the good thing was I didn't have to take vacation time because my internet was down for only about 5 minutes. They more than quadrupled my speed and the test zoom I did with Cindy after he left worked great. Yay!

Saturday was a Christmas in July potluck for my spinning group. I brought Italian pasta salad and a sheep picture for the gift exchange. We met in a park and the weather totally cooperated - cool and the rain held off. Afterwards Nan invited Andrea and me to see her garden, which was lovely. After a stop at Goodwill and Aldi, we headed home. I had hoped to have tortilla chips with the Mexican layered dip I'd bought and a beer for supper but the back seam of my chip bag wasn't sealed and they were stale. Oh well. That was the worst thing that happened all week so a great week, right?


I can't recall anything happening on Sunday, which means I watched more Game of Thrones and knitted between doing minimal chores because I'd cleaned the back of the house Thursday night in preparation for the Windstream guy coming in. Game of Thrones is 73 episodes and I was already on Season 5 so had become the poster child for binge watching. I did manage to finish the pair of socks I'd struggled with early in the month and my sister's birthday socks, which she'd picked out the yarn for when she was here after my surgery. Aren't they pretty? The green socks (my sister's) are in the mandavilla that I scored at the local farm store because its pot was cracked. I repotted it and it was blooming within days. Just another happy thing in a great week. I hope you had a good one too.


No comments:

Post a Comment