Saturday, July 24, 2021

Week 27 - 4th of July

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the 4th of July? It's not the holiday. It's the fireworks. The amount of money spent on them is crazy and my neighborhood does their part to support the fireworks vendors so sleeping is iffy for the whole week before. Hate it! 

Otherwise it was a normal week with 3 PT sessions and swimming on Wednesday. 
I was watering my neighbor's containers while she was away and that was almost the only time I left the house most days. I did get my grab and go lunch and bought a 3 pound chub of frozen hamburger at The Warehouse afterwards, which meant I spent the end of the week cooking all things hamburger - taco salad meat for the freezer, meatballs and a taco pie that I ate for supper. I also made potato salad, which I'd been craving for awhile and Anne requested it. She was hosting a cookout on Sunday evening so I'd take some there. 

They came and got my PT bike on Friday. I had been using it 3 times/day (less on PT or swimming days) for 6 weeks and had actually enjoyed it. I had everything set up perfectly with a fan pointing at me, a cord to charge my kindle and a plain pair of socks to knit right next to me on the table. The minute I powered the bike up, Gansey would come running and sit on the chair next to the bike so I could pet her. All in all, it had been a good thing and I credit it with the fact that I hadn't gained any weight after surgery. Now to figure something to replace it.

Saturday was the start of a 3 day weekend (always nice) but I was antsy that morning and couldn't settle on what to do. Part of the problem was that I was hating the pattern of the socks I'd cast on on the 1st for my monthly challenge. After a discontented morning, I dug through some patterns and found the perfect one for the yarn I was using (some I'd dyed myself ages ago) and sat down to rip back to the cuff. Since I had a bit of knitting ahead of me, I decided to give Game of Thrones a try. And that was the end of my productivity. I was completely sucked in by the 3rd episode and pretty much did nothing else for the rest of the weekend until I left for Anne's Sunday afternoon.

On Sunday, I tore myself away from the TV and my fabulous new socks long enough to make a batch of my Mexican cottage cheese dip to take to Anne's along with the potato salad. I drove down for 5:00 and finally got the grilled hot dog I'd been craving since Memorial Day. Rene and I enjoyed some Vanilla Bean Blonde (my fave beer that I'd also brought) and dinner on Anne's deck. 

While I was dismayed at the amount of fireworks in my neighborhood, Anne's was like a war zone! There were times we couldn't hear each other across the table. I figured it would only get worse as darkness fell so I left just after 9:00, which meant I was getting home just as city fireworks displays were starting up so I watched some as I drove north on Highway 77. That was enough for me. I went home to more Game of Thrones since fireworks were legal until midnight. I'd be tired on Monday but it was the holiday so I'd cope. And I have 51 weeks to go before fireworks start up again. Nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment