Saturday, July 24, 2021

Week 26 - Wahoo Turns 150

Actually, it was 150+1 because the 150th anniversary celebration was postponed last year due to covid. That was absolutely the highlight of this week. Plus one more.

As usual, PT was Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I'd been stuck with my bend for a couple of weeks. On Wednesday, Kyle was working on me and I told him I wasn't happy with my bend. He had me do a completely different move to increase my bend and it worked! I got 10 more degrees that day and couldn't have been happier. Then from there I drove to Lincoln and met Darla at Big Lots before swimming. It was a banner day.


The Wahoo fun started on Friday. I took a bit of vacation time before PT so was off work at 12:30. My first stop was the Hoot and Sadie's sale. They used to have a store front in Wahoo but closed during than pandemic and now were only doing pop up sales and had one this weekend for the Wahoo 150 celebration. Then I hit the senior center thrift shop and found all kinds of goodies before driving through BK for some late lunch. I had a bit of time at home before PT so got inspired to try solar dyeing some yarn with kool aid. I left it in the driveway when I left for PT, where I kept my degrees at so was super happy with my Friday afternoon.

Andrea and I were volunteering at the library's book sale on Saturday morning but first had a pancake breakfast at the senior center. It was bag sale day at the book sale so we didn't have much to do - just handed out bags and answered questions. I got lots of knitting done. We got relieved at noon so went downtown for the vendor fair and lunch from a food truck. It was misty and we felt bad that Denise was all alone at the book sale so we headed back there to eat and keep volunteering. I thought customers would die down after lunch but it was steady all afternoon and we stayed until it closed at 5:00. Most of the books were gone and clean up was on someone else so I was happy to just leave. That was the longest day I'd put in since surgery and I was exhausted.

Sunday was chores and getting ready for another work week but also recuperating from my long day Saturday, which meant knitting and streaming interspersed with chores and some cooking. It felt like I was getting back to normal in my 6th week post surgery. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment