Saturday, July 24, 2021

Week 28 - Return of Energy

Gotta love a week that starts with a Monday holiday. And to top that off, I was finally feeling like I had my old energy back.

I started Monday morning going through all of the clothes in my house - 2 closets, 3 dressers and 4 totes. It took hours and hours but I had a big pile for Carolyn, a huge pile to donate and my closets were no longer stuffed full of clothes that didn't fit. I had those all put away in totes (I hope to lose weight again and have an entire wardrobe ready if I do) and I had a laundry basket of shirts to try on over the course of the week. I even found a random basket of clothes in the craft room, which included the denim capris and blue shorts I'd been looking for. All good. 

Rather than struggle to fit 3 PTs into 4 days, I had scheduled PT for Monday afternoon. The library was closed so there was no knitting but I needed a rest anyway after working all day. I made a big to do list of little things I could get done before work, during lunch and in the evenings. I felt like I'd turned a corner energy wise and had some to spare. And I did manage to accomplish most of those chores over the course of the week. Nice.

In addition to my usual cooking Tuesday night, I managed to go through the stacks of paper that have accumulated since my surgery. One thing I was looking for was my campus parking pass, which I'd called to cancel but needed to return. I did find it on my desk and so called Wednesday morning to arrange to return it. Well, I was not a happy camper when they told me I would be prorated for each day I had it, despite having called to cancel it and not having been on campus in months. Long story short, I arranged to drop it in the Bursar's drop box on Wednesday night before swimming because Parking had no drop box and mailing it would cost me $4 more per day for every day it took to get to them. I dropped it between PT and swimming on Wednesday night. Thursday I got an automated email saying I wouldn't be charged for July. I kept it and will see if I get any parking deduction in July's paycheck. Sheesh!

By the end of the week, I was in desperate need of milk, having used frozen skim milk in my coffee for 2 days, so I did a Fremont run with Andrea after PT on Friday. It was a pretty quick one - just Aldi, where I scored this adorable cat bed, and Goodwill - so we were home pretty early. I was ready for the weekend and had done most of my chores over the course of the week so the world was my oyster. It rained on Saturday so, you guessed it, more Game of Thrones and knitting. At least I got a few WIPs (works in progress) done. The weather was gorgeous on Sunday so I hung some laundry on the line and did some gardening, including some long overdue weeding in my veg beds, which was easy after the rain softened up the soil. I picked my first handful of wax beans too and they'll be more beans and zucchini soon. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment