Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 29 - Chatting and Yarn

Despite being in the house all weekend, I hadn't cooked anything so put a pot roast in the electric frying pan and babysat it all afternoon on Monday while working 6 feet away. Chalk that up as one of the benefits of working at home. I added parsnips, carrots and mushrooms and made mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum! Winter food and the first meat and potatoes I had in a long time. A lovely night of knitting and a drumstick blizzard topped off the day.

This is going to sound familiar - Mocha C's for grab and go lunch, going through stuff in the basement and swimming. Same stuff, different week but Thursday brought something new.

After a nice long podcast over lunch and a town hall meeting zoom with the Chancellor that afternoon, I headed out to Deer Springs Winery east of Lincoln. We had a social distanced bridal shower for Janae, one of the accountants who is getting married. We got a glass of wine then sat in a huge circle under the trees and chatted. It felt like a little bit of normal. I left in time to get 10 minutes at Aldi before they closed. It was a lovely night. 

Friday afternoon was endless but 5:00 finally arrived and like a good doobie, I went downstairs. This time I tackled the closet in the craft room then came upstairs for some TV before bed. That was practically the highlight of my weekend.

I spent Saturday crocheting (!) and talking on the phone until mid-afternoon. I had brought up a bucket of tangled yarn from the basement and after balling it all up, I started a crocheted afghan I've been planning to make for years. I crocheted while taking, starting with Carolyn then John beeped in. After a quick lunch, I called Dottie, who asked if I'd gotten the box of yarn she sent (not yet), to see if she would help me make squares for the afghan with her leftover yarns. We talked for an hour then Dodie beeped in. I hung up with her at 3:00, made a cup of tea and finally got dressed. The day was shot but had been fun. 

A HUGE box of yarn (I put the mug on for perspective) was at my side door and I had fun digging into it. I stayed up late after being such a slug all day. Sunday was more of the same - Ginny then Deanne. Since I'd talked to just about everyone I know already, Sunday afternoon was free. I had an exciting afternoon doing dishes and laundry then had chips for supper. Just another exciting week in my quarantine life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment