Sunday, July 5, 2020

Week 26 - Water Aerobics Again

The weeks are getting more and more the same. Week after week. But there were a few bright spots with fun people. That makes all the difference these days.

Nan and Janet came to knitting at the library on Monday. We'd talked about it at spinning but it was nice that they drove down from Fremont. They were a nice addition to the group and I hope they keep coming.

The weather Tuesday was spectacular - no humidity and not too hot so I took the afternoon off. I started with a nice lunch in the park with Lorri and her husband then headed home for an afternoon of gardening. It was lovely. Then Van came up from Lincoln and we walked at the lake. I was hesitant but invited him back to my deck for beer and snacks, including some from my latest Yum Box filled with Philippine goodies. I hadn't picked up the house and as I feared, he went in to pee before he left. Oh well. My house has been worse.

Wednesday's event was my first time doing water aerobics in one of Lincoln's pools. A bunch of us met at Belmont pool, which is on the north side of town and not too far from campus. It was an absolute joy to be in the big pool (plenty of room for social distancing) and outside. Love that! And at $2, it's the deal of the century so I plan to swim often this summer. From there we went to campus to eat dinner at one of the tables near the library. I had hoped to get a Panera salad but the downtown location now closes at 2:00 so Renee got me a KFC bowl, which was yummy but not the salad I wanted. Anne brought cookies and we chatted until nearly dark. I had my wet swimsuit under my dress so was soaked and it actually got chilly. What a perfect evening!

Thursday and Friday were busy at work and otherwise uneventful so the weekend arrived quickly. Not that that was anything eventful. I sat on my butt knitting and watching Little Fires Everywhere (I highly recommend it) all day Saturday. I accomplished nothing. Sunday was a better day. Andrea came over to do a load of laundry in the morning (her washer is on the fritz) so it was nice to chat. I did the bare minimum of chores that afternoon and redeemed myself with more swimming in Lincoln - this time at Ballard pool with Cindy. I showered this time so I could do some grocery shopping before heading home. I stocked up on produce, at last.

So it wasn't a bad week but all this time at home is getting old. I never thought I'd feel that way but I do. I may be sick of being at home but I'm not going to do anything stupid so it's time to get busy. This is my official notice that July is going to be the month I get my craft room organized. I asked Andrea to hold me accountable for this. If I can't get it done when I have this much time at home, there's no hope. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment