Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 27 - It's Already July!

When did July get here? I know I'm not the only one who feels this way but where is the time going? I guess I'll just consider myself lucky that all this time at home isn't dragging. Being busy at work helps and I know I'm lucky to be working too.

The big news is that with July 1st came my vow to get busy in the basement. My goal for July and August is to head downstairs at 5:00 on any work day when I'm not out of the house. I hope it only takes 2 months. Anyway, Monday was knitting at the library (Lori came from Omaha), Tuesday was still June (reprieve!) and Wednesday was swimming (I came home to a power outage so showered by the light of an LED flashlight and the power came on just as I was heading to bed) so Thursday was my start. 

I started in the craft room, which is my priority. Every surface is stacked with crap and the wall unit I set up down there is completely unorganized and so I started with easy pickings. I filled 3 big bags easily and loaded them into the car. I had hopes that this was a good start.

It was a 3 day weekend for the 4th and I did absolutely nothing on Friday. Sitting/knitting/streaming is my nothing these days. I did get dressed at 3:00 so I could water and get the mail. Lazy day! Having gotten that out of my system, I couldn't face another day of doing nothing on Saturday so called Lori. She was feeling the exactly the same so I pretty much invited myself to her house. Our plan was to sit outside and knit but it was SO hot. We ended up in her front room, sitting far apart in the AC and it was a lovely day. It's so much better knitting with a friend than alone with Netflix. I popped into HyVee for a few groceries on the way home. What a lovely day!

Sunday was chores and cooking to get ready for another work week. Since Labor Day isn't a holiday this year at UNL, this was the last holiday weekend for a LONG time. Good thing I had the visit with Lori as a bright spot. I hope you were able to find something fun to do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment