Monday, February 3, 2020

Week 3 - New Workout Option

The students were back so that meant swimming was too. I still am not loving  the pool (understatement alert! I have to fight the cranky every time I swim) and so have been considering other options. Back when I had to join the gym for real (when we moved to the main pool, the swim only pass went out the door), I had thought I'd recumbent bike a couple of mornings a week before work. Well, that never happened so I wondered about getting a bike for home. What did I find at Goodwill on Tuesday but a recumbent bike! After giving it some thought, I went back to buy it on Wednesday and with my UNL ID it was only $8.57. Score! I was even able to get it into the house myself the next night (post cleaning lady). Now to actually use it. I tried for a few minutes and could feel my real knee so stopped. I need to get over that and do half an hour and see if I live to tell. If it works, I could be biking and knitting while watching TV. I'll keep you posted.

It was a 1200 week and I did OK. Tuesday night was Rene's birthday dinner and she picked Cheddar's - blech! I got the lowest calorie thing on the menu - a 6 ounce petite sirloin with 2 sides. It was fine but there was so much sodium in everything, especially the mushrooms, that I could feel my body bloating. Anyway, I made it through the week with a few cheats but not off the rails. I'd be going into another 600/900 week with hopes of being down 10+ pounds at the end of the rotation. Wish me luck.

Winter had come in with a vengeance and they were predicting a miserable day Friday. Only when I was complaining about it in the elevator did it dawn on me that I could take it off and have a 4 day weekend, which worked great because Layton had already said he'd be out of town and so couldn't do lunch on Friday. I went straight to my desk and put in a vacation request. Yay!

Friday was indeed miserable so after enjoying a relaxing morning, I headed to the craft room to start sorting fabric. I'd signed up to have a table at the Thrifty Artist's Garage Sale in Omaha on February 29th so it was time to start slogging. I was down there for 3+ hours and made it through all the baskets of fabric, leaving just a few tote bags for Saturday. 

I could have kept going but needed to get outside and start shoveling. The snow had stopped but the temp was due to plummet overnight so I needed to get my driveway cleared. When I went outside, I could see that my sidewalk was done and found my neighbor's son headed my way with his snowblower. I asked if he wanted to do more and he did (he's autistic so communication is challenging) so I told him I'd pay him $10 to do my driveway, which just left me doing a few paths - to the front step, from the driveway to the sliding door and to the compost pile. Despite only being out there for ~15 minutes, I sure managed to work up a sweat. I was done for the day. It was time to sit and knit.

As forecast, bitter cold had come in the wee hours so I woke Saturday to bright sun but below zero windchill. That lead to my favorite winter activity - sitting in my chair, drinking coffee, knitting and streaming with the sun beaming in on me. Heaven! After enjoying every minute until the sun was no longer hitting me, I got through the 5 tote bags of fabric I'd brought upstairs and spent the rest of the afternoon puttering upstairs. I find that it's nearly impossible to do stuff after dark, which means I have to maximize the daylight hours on the weekends. Am I the only one with this problem? 

Sunday is usually chore day but I had Monday off too so didn't power through them like usual. There was more streaming/knitting/drinking coffee in the sun so nothing wrong with that. Four day weekends rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment