Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Week 2 - Back to Work

It was my first full week of work in a bit and did it ever whip my butt! I was tired all week and yet still struggled to get good sleep almost every night. I dreamed about my friend Connie twice too. Was that my subconscious telling me to call her? Maybe.

I started rotating again and was tired of grilled chicken and veg for dinner by day 2. So on the third night, I sauteed some mushrooms, added some chicken and then made a sauce with the dregs of a bottle of Gulden's mustard and water. OMG! You would think I was eating gourmet food. It totally hit the spot and got me through the rest of the week. By the end of it, I was down 6 pounds so was off to a good start. I'll take it.

The whole world was waiting for snow on Friday. I ended up leaving work a bit early to avoid driving in it and would have been in for the weekend but for a Friends of the Library meeting on Saturday morning. As if it wasn't bad enough to have to get dressed and go out, only Lorri and I showed up so along with Denise, the library director, made all the decisions about the Wine & Dine. Unfortunately I did not have a productive afternoon once I got home. Oh well.

I did venture out again on Sunday afternoon to buy halogen light bulbs for my deck lights and bird seed. After nearly getting frost bite changing the light bulbs, I kicked it into high gear and took down my Christmas tree so at least that was done. I then slammed through some chores and cooked a big batch of egg roll in a bowl (Try this recipe. You won't regret it.) So I redeemed myself with a burst of productivity Sunday afternoon. Getting back into the swing of work was hard. WWWAAAHHH! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment