Sunday, February 16, 2020

Week 7 - Not Catching Up

It was another busy week. Go figure. There wasn't enough time to recharge and get everything done so guess what I chose?

The week started with dropping off my car before work on Monday. I was excited to get it fixed and hopefully never need body work again. There's nothing like starting the week with a disrupted morning but I got my butt out of the house early and was at the shop at 7:45, where I was picked up by Enterprise. Picking up my rental took no time at all and I was at work by 8:20, which is only 5 minutes off my usual time. Nice. 

I had a Nissan Sentra that was oddly longer on the outside but smaller inside than my Honda. I took Darla to lunch on Tuesday for her birthday and the longer front end threw me and I bumped into a hard snowbank while parking. I thought I saw a tiny ding in the front bumper but wasn't sure and worried about having to pay out another claim. But when I picked up my car Thursday after work, I immediately got the email from Enterprise closing out my rental with no mention of it. Whew! And it felt great to have my car back, shiny and good as new.

The Wine and Dine, an annual fundraiser for the library, was Friday night and I was in charge of door prizes. I had six at my house and needed to get them to the library Thursday night so Denise could take them to the country club Friday afternoon. I had planned to get them ready Thursday before work but couldn't fall asleep with that on my mind so got up Wednesday after failing to fall asleep and got them prepped that night. I didn't feel worried about them but must have been subconsciously. Lame!

Friday morning was another disruptive one. We were having a team retreat at Innovation Campus to work on our department promise, an icky term for our mission statement. It took some doing to get there by 8:00 (yeah, I know this shouldn't be a problem but being an 8:15 person, it is) but I made it. We slammed out our "promise" and then went directly to the State of the University speech and lunch, which was also on Innovation Campus so oh so convenient. When we got back to campus, the afternoon seemed endless. 

I had planned to go directly to the Wine & Dine after work but I spilled on my sweater so ran home to change and got to the country club just in time for the social hour. The food was good and I had fun, getting home later than I'd thought I would. Saturday was going to be another busy day.

I started the day going to the library to prep the deposit for the Wine & Dine and getting it to the bank before 10:00, when I was meeting Lori at Mocha C's for coffee. Lori was in town for her hair appointment and we were meeting before it because Andrea and I had spinning that afternoon. A bunch of the Monday Night Knitters came so we enjoyed lunch after Lori left. Andrea and I headed to spinning at 1:00.


Spinning was fun and our normal post-spinning route is Goodwill then Aldi but Andrea'd heard of a new place at spinning so we headed to the Estate Dispersal Store. It's only open one weekend each month and has estate stuff from people who have moved into senior housing. It was enormous, well organized and clean. It was more than thrift shop prices but less than antique shops and we had a ball. We found yarn, kitchen stuff, knitting books and various other stuff. My favorite thing was a set of melmac trays, mugs and silverware. Yes, even the silverware was melmac. Score! We closed the place down then hit Goodwill (didn't find much), Aldi (got a few things) then HyVee. I didn't get home until almost 8:00, when I had cheese and crackers and a beer for supper. It was a long but fun day.

I had a 9:30 phone date with Carolyn on Sunday and then talked to my sister Ginny until Lori popped in after church to pick up her seeds. Good thing I'd started laundry at 7:30 and had 2 of the 3 loads hung on the line before my socializing started. I hung the last load on the line (it was pushing 60 degrees by then) and then picked up Burger King and headed to Andrea's to sort the stuff we'd bought Saturday, which had all ended up on one ticket so we needed to figure out who owed what. Once we went through the bags, we discovered a hanging circular needle holder with hundreds of dollars worth of circular needles in it. It was overwhelming and we decided that Andrea would keep it together and I could borrow any of them whenever I need them.

My plan for the afternoon was to make turkey tetrazzini to take to my friend Natasha, who is just home from surgery. But when I went to the freezer for what I thought was a container of cooked turkey, it ended up being roasted fennel so I was thwarted. I took out 2 packages of thighs to thaw and now will be making it Tuesday night instead. Clearly it's time to organize the freezer. And the clear out of the fridge that I'd planned never happened. I chose to knit and blog instead of being productive. Oh well. I thawed some meatballs to make a meatball sub for dinner and would take more for lunches this week. Not the greatest plan but I'll live. Clearly my diet is off the rails too. Whatever! There's always hope for getting my act together next week. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment