Sunday, April 28, 2019

Week 16 - Starting a Purge?

I started out the week in full on non-productive mode. Even when we didn't have knitting on Monday, I wasted the free night and got nothing done. This continued for most the week, unfortunately. And then it went further downhill in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

I got up at 4:00 to pee, which is not a normal thing for me by the way, and in the 2 minutes that I was out of bed, one of my rotten cats peed on my bed. Not only on the bed but where I'd thrown the sheets back so It went through all the layers. By the time I stripped the bed, I was wide awake. I dragged myself to work and was in a funk all day. It started with the pee but my co-worker had an interview and facing the prospect of him leaving, added to my funk. My mood finally improved when I went home for a night of knitting and streaming. Good thing because no one wants to feel off on a Friday.

Friday flew by and our boss came in and said we could leave early so I was out the door before 4:00. I had a few errands to run and gave thought to going back to campus to swim but when I finished my errands early, I headed home. I started puttering in the yard and decided it was the perfect night for my first ever fire.

I had traded a yarn winder for a fire pit with a friend but the fire pit was more of a coleman camping grill so I'd never used it. I'd been saving wood, mostly what has fallen into my yard from my neighbor's dying tree, for a couple of years so was ready. I took pieces off of the grill to make it more fire pit-ish and lit a match. I was lovely! Since most of my wood is smaller, I had to make many trips to the brush pile for more. It was so successful that I went onto Craig's List in search of fireplace tools. I found some for $5 and made arrangements to pick them up Monday over lunch. Now to get some bigger logs for future fires, of which there'll be many. I might even make it a Friday night recurring event. Hmm....

I had a haircut scheduled for 10:45 Saturday morning but when my hairdresser called and asked me to come at 9:00, I threw on clothes and headed there. That got me up and dressed so I came home and got the kitchen cleaned up before Andrea picked me up early for spinning. We were hitting Buck's Shoes, where I used to shop all the time when I worked in HR and had to dress better for work. Sadly, they're going out of business so Drae wanted to look for sandals. She found a pair and then we went to spinning, Goodwill and Aldi before going to the sushi place for dinner. It was a good day.

Sunday was Easter and while I don't celebrate it, I usually try to get outside to commune with nature and celebrate spring. Well, it was going to be HOT in the afternoon and I was on a mission so I got busy first thing. UNL was having an electronics recycling event and I had lots of stuff to get rid of. I started in the basement storage room and finished in the garage. I had 3 TV's (I'd have to pay $1/diagonal inch but was fine with that just to get rid of them), an ancient mac, a modem (for Pete's sake!), 2 laptops, a scanner and 2 printers, 1 of which was from Brown. Sheesh! 


The car was loaded and I was a sweaty mess so I took a shower and closed up the house. Because it was already getting hot so I was staying inside. It peaked at 89 degrees. In April. OMG! I spent the rest of the day watching PBS and stashing the yarn I'd bought in Minneapolis. I was feeling good about my spurt of productivity to end a week when I'd mostly been a slug. And once the electronics were gone, I had plans to get rid of the bikes I'd unearthed while digging in the garage. I was hoping that this was the beginning of a big purge. I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment