Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Week 14 - Food and Gardening

This week seemed dominated by food, which isn't all bad. It started with blondies that I made for knitting in my edge pan, which I'd bought last year at Family Thrift (R.I.P.) but had never used. They took longer to cook but the edges were fabulous. With only 3 of us at knitting, I brought the leftovers to work, where they were a big hit.

I was supposed to have lunch with Darla on Tuesday but she was home sick so I was on my own. I went thrifting, of course, and then went to a hotdog restaurant I'd been wanting to try - Fly Dogz. The menu was overwhelming so I scanned the details and ordered the first one that wasn't offensive along with some cole slaw. I went outside to wait because it was SO hot in there and didn't think anything of it when they said they had my soda inside. I hadn't ordered one so said as much and drove off. Only when I got to my desk did I see that the cole slaw was missing. I had an odd messaging exchange with the restaurant and got no satisfaction. While the hotdog was good (BBQ with crushed fritos and a bunch of other stuff), it was an expensive fast food experience - $7.50 for a single hotdog! The universe is clearly telling me something here. No more fast food! I had a taco salad for dinner. : )

I started Wednesday back at the office furniture store trying chairs again. I had done this before but they lost my order so I sat in 20+ chairs again and chose one. Since I was in the east end of Lincoln, I stopped at Le Quartier for croissants for the office. I got a pain au raisin. Delish!

Thursday was yet more food, starting with lunch with Dodie then early FAC at Tico's after work. It was a belated margarita celebration for finishing the Winter Workshop. Belated (the workshop was in February) but fun and yummy. It's fun to hang out with work friends outside of work.

I had seen on Facebook that UNL's Diary Store had fluffernutter ice cream and since spring weather had finally arrived, Nora went to get her daughter and then met Cindy and me for ice cream Friday afternoon. Of course they were out of fluffernutter but I found something else and we disbursed from there. I headed back to campus to swim. I do love ending my week with a workout and shower, ready for the weekend.

We finally had weather for gardening and I spent all day Saturday outside. I started by clearing out one of my compost bins so I could refill it as I raked. I filled my wheel barrow and then started sifting, ending up with 3 big containers of gorgeous black gold. That done, I started out front, clearing out the parking and raking the front yard. I perfectly layered the leaves with half finished compost from the other bin and things were looking good by the time I went inside in late afternoon. I felt great!

My intention was to get outside Sunday too but it was damp and dreary all morning and by the time the sun came out, I was fully involved inside. I had tons of laundry to do - mostly linens - so did 5 loads of laundry and hung them on the line. I also did some chores and cooking. A normal and lovely Sunday to end the week. I was hoping for more warmth to finish the raking, finishing the week hopeful. All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment