Monday, November 5, 2018

Week 42 - I've Had Better

This was not a banner week. It was filled with things that didn't go quite right, including some work stress that had me wide awake one night. A nice weekend salvaged it though.

On Monday night, I got stood up at knitting. Most of the regulars have stopped coming but Andrea and I are always there. I knew Heidi (the other regular) wasn't coming but Andrea didn't show either. After I'd been knitting alone for half an hour, I called her and she was home sick. Damn! Hopefully next time she'll call and let me know. It was nice to be home by 7:00 but it would have been nicer to not have gone.

Tuesday was my rescheduled doctor's appointment so I started the day with a fasting blood draw at the new student health center. It was fall break so the place was deserted but it was under new management so took way too long. Not only did I have to fill out all kinds of paperwork but they wouldn't submit it to my insurance so I had to pay. It was still much cheaper than my doctor would charge but the 10 minutes and done of the old health center is no more.

The good thing about Tuesday was my new doctor. They finally hired a woman and I happily scheduled with her in hopes that I'd like her. I was thrilled with her! How often can you say that? She was reasonable, nice and thorough. She even called me back herself after my appointment and left me voice mail instead of asking me to call back. Hallelujah! It was nice to be home early too. Little did I know I'd need my rest.

Some crap percolated at work on Wednesday and I stewed on it all night instead of sleeping. We had a team meeting on Thursday morning and worked things out but sheesh! If only I could stop the middle of the night stewing. Probably won't happen. I thrifted at lunch and then got busy with allocations, which took all day on Friday and kept the time flying.

Despite it being my last weekend before leaving for Indiana, I had agreed to go to an auction with Andrea on Saturday. There was nothing I wanted but auctions are always entertaining. I chatted with my cousin's brother-in-law, who I haven't seen in years, Andrea got the spinning wheel she wanted and I only spent $3. Afterwards we went to Goodwill, where I dropped the entire box less the single item I wanted for one of the lots I won, and then had sushi. It was mid afternoon so it messed up dinner but I had a light Saturday snack supper and called it good. 


Sunday was chore day, which included getting things ready to be gone. Get a load of the stack of yarn I'd be delivering to Dottie! It's a year's worth of thrift shop finds and 2 boxes from Anne. I'd be driving to Dottie's on Thursday so had a few extra things on my list. I made good progress and felt good about my day by the time I sat down to PBS. Just work days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment