Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 44 - Happily Heading Home

Such a better week! Dottie was doing SO much better and I had home to look forward to.

Dottie had been using the calf machine less and less but called the doctor Monday morning and got the OK to not use it at all. She also got a prescription for tramadol to have something between an opioide and Advil. I had also gotten my cane out of the car so she had the walker downstairs and the cane upstairs, which made her more mobile and set her up to be alone once I left. Things were looking up! She had PT on Monday and Tuesday (to get 2 in before I left) and we had some fun sorting yarn and streaming. Her neighbor came over for a visit and we chatted for hours. She even went to the museum to do some research one afternoon (Thomas dropped her off and I picked her up so had some time on my own.) See? Looking up.

On Tuesday, I took advantage of the last trip to Michigan City to hit the beach. It was a beautiful day so I enjoyed sitting and knitting with Starbuck's. I spent some time later looking up the Goodwills on the way home so I'd have places to stop along the way.

I had the opposite problem heading home than coming - I had to leave late enough to miss Chicago traffic so Wednesday would be a long day. After saying goodbye, I was on the road ~9:30 and did indeed time it right so the traffic was fine. I had 3 Goodwills mapped out so stopped at those along the way then in Davenport. I didn't find much but it was fun to have places to stop. After Davenport, I pretty much drove straight through except for a rest stop or 2 and a gas stop. I got home just after 8:00 so missed Halloween nicely. I unpacked and went to bed early because I was working on Thursday.

The work week flew by (a 2 day week will do that) and after water aerobics on Friday, I was home for the weekend. I so felt the need catch up. Hmmm... I wonder why? Anyway, I had a nice weekend at home doing chores and cooking. I celebrated fall with a pot of homemade baked beans, baked a squash while the oven was on so long and then made pie to take to knitting. By the end of the weekend I was feeling restored and ready to face a full work week. Dottie was still doing better everyday and would be seeing the surgeon on Monday so I felt good about having helped on that front. Back to reality now.

No comments:

Post a Comment