Sunday, November 25, 2018

Week 46 - A Little Progress

I'd made my list last week and started Monday morning hitting the grocery store and Home Depot before work. How's that for starting out on the right foot? Before the week was over, I'd booked all the hotels for the trip, arranged meet ups with 2 friends in London and had bought a new winter coat for the trip. Checking things off.

Work was busy and I did tons of HR stuff, which is always appreciated by the accountants I work with. We had a food day on Tuesday for Luke, one of the accountants who is leaving for a job at Central Administration. Then I had a date with Darla that night for thrifting and dinner. I was celebrating because I sold a huge skein of yarn, big enough to knit a whole sweater, that Darla had found for $5 years ago when we were thrifting. I sold it for $50 so dinner was on me. We chatted long after were were done eating our Mexican food at Tico's. So much for my diet.

I made up for it on Thursday when out of the blue, I had a bout of intestinal distress. It came on me when I was at lunch with Dodie so I ran back to the office and took Imodium. The cramping didn't stop immediately but by mid-afternoon, I was doing better. Normally I would have gone home but we were going to Bohemian Rhapsody after work to celebrate Anne's birthday and I really wanted to go so toughed it out. I'm glad I did. The movie was wonderful and I even had some popcorn. Afterwards, we went to the Birkenstock store and I bought a pair of shearling birks to wear as slippers. After we split up, I ran to JC Penney and found a new winter coat, which was long overdue. I got home at 9:00, tired but happy to be feeling OK and to have crossed another item off my list.

I was 3 pounds down when I weighed myself Friday morning. Ha! Layton and I went to Chinese for lunch and I swam after work so was showered and ready for the weekend. I took Gansey to the vet first thing Saturday morning then popped into the hair salon to see Lori, who was only in town long enough for her hair appointment. When I got home I started sorting yarn. I had been buying totes at Dollar General with $5 off $25 coupons so was ready to go. I started sorting but stopped when I lost the light in the front room. I'd had all day Sunday to finish.

Sunday was the St. Wenz cookie sale, which Andrea always reminds me of, so I was up and out first thing to hit the sale before mass got out. With 2 dozen cookies in hand, I went home to finish the yarn. It took way longer than it should have and it wasn't all put away but since I don't have a cleaning lady, I could leave the bins all over the front room without a problem. The having to clean myself sucks but not having to pick up can be a good thing. 

I was pleased with what I'd gotten done but would be kicking it up a notch next week. With my Christmas deadline moved up 2 weeks, I had big plans for the 4 day Thanksgiving break. Four whole days - yee ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment