Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 36 - Done with Jogging

A Monday holiday is always a wonderful start to a week. I drove to Lincoln even on a day off but it was for fun with Darla - Operation Finale and some shopping. There was no knitting with the library closed for the holiday but I knitted at home because that's what I always do.

The four day week flew by with a movie at The Ross on Tuesday night and then my annual trip to Seward after work on Wednesday to pick up fair entries. I hit my usual stalls at the farmers' market and then stopped at Erica's on the way home, which will be a new tradition I think. Erica moved near Seward so only rarely makes the 25 mile trip to Monday Night Knitting so it was great to see her and get a tour of her in progress renovations. I ate caramel corn in the car on the way home so called it dinner. Good thing Wednesday was fun.


Fit & Fueled's Thursday morning workout was outside with stations spaced along the track to stop and do. So what did I decided to do? Jog. Yes, jog between a couple of the stations. Now it was an old lady, barely a jog jog but I wanted to test my new knee and see how it did. Well it did just fine but not my real knee. It didn't start hurting until I was back in my office but damn was it sore! I was clutching walls as I walked and cancelled lunch with Dodie and headed straight home after work. Stupid! I guess you never know until you try but I never thought I'd be so down and out from jogging 1/4 of a lap a couple of times. Sheesh!


I did swim on Friday, which helped, and the knee got better every day. I had a low key weekend, laying low inside playing with yarn and getting some housework done. On that front, I'm still considering getting another cleaning lady because I do a crap job and am not enjoying how cleaning is cutting into my free time on the weekends. My house is getting dirtier and dirtier with every passing week but I'm managing to keep the clutter at bay at least. I got outside on Sunday and did some weeding. I ended the weekend washing floors. See? Not fun. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment