Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Week 40 - Back on Track

It felt SO good to be home and back to some routine! I had a whole week ahead of me with nothing but work and home. Bliss!

Despite only having missed half a day on Friday, I was totally in catch up mode on Monday. It didn't help that I would be out of the office all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning at the Women in IT conference. The sessions were good on Tuesday and I even got to leave Lincoln early so was home at 5:00. I can't say I got anything productive done but enjoyed just being home. The morning keynote and session on Wednesday were fabulous and I left totally inspired. Swimming Wednesday night felt great. I went to The Wife with Tammie on Thursday night and had a nice lunch with Layton on Friday. All good. But nothing would feel as good as being home ALL WEEKEND.

My house looked like a bomb went off. I had six loads of laundry to do and needed to neatize everything. Cleaning needed to happen too but with nowhere I had to be, I was able to plug away at it all day on Saturday without stressing. John even came by to mow so that was done. By the time I went to bed, all of the laundry was done and I had flannel sheets on the bed because fall had finally arrived. The dishes were all done too so I was ready for a relaxing Sunday.

It was raw and raining on Sunday so I started cooking. I was thwarted in making pancakes so settled for French toast with 45 calorie break (not the best) and bacon for breakfast. It was the roast beef dinner in Colon that I usually go to with Lorri but when I hadn't heard back from her, I went alone and took it to go. It was enough for a big lunch and 2 more meals, which was all I'd need for the coming week. Then I started baking - banana bread with chocolate covered raisins and nuts then cookies with a toll house base (heavy on the brown sugar) with blueberry jammy bits, lemon chips and nuts. I put some aside for my next trip - Kearney with Anne for an SAP conference at the end of the week. I ended the day with a messy kitchen but it was worth it to heat up the house and have some yummy food after so much eating out. I got lots of knitting done too, of course. I was enjoying just being home so much. Just 2 more trips to go this month. I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment