Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 25 - Lots of Rain

It was a pretty normal week. Except for the rain. Inches and inches of rain.

This was actually not a bad thing because I was on watering duty at Lorri's house, which is not an insignificant task because she has a huge yard and many, many containers. I had watered Sunday night and was on deck through Thursday. When the forecast called for rain everyday, I lucked out. I did go check everything on Monday and smartened up on Tuesday, pulling out the few plants that were under eaves. It was raining so hard on Wednesday that I didn't even check and on Thursday I dumped water out of containers without holes and watered nothing. We'd had 3+ inches at that point and it rained again on Friday so the weekly total was 4.5". Nice.

Otherwise it was PT twice, swimming on Wednesday and FEC (Friday Eve Club) on Thursday instead of swimming. A bunch of us from the office went to the new Green Flash brewery by campus and I had hands down best chicken sandwich I've ever eaten. Everyone else ordered burgers and were served but no sandwich. After 5 minutes, I asked the server and he'd forgotten to put my order in. Free sandwich! That was a nice touch because I thought their food was pricey (by Nebraska standards anyway.) It was worth the wait. It was so yummy that Lana got one to go for her husband. Here are the details.


I had a busy weekend, choosing to cram everything in on Saturday so I wouldn't have to leave the house on Sunday. First up was a run to Fremont to pick up canning jars from the house we'd helped clear the sewing room of last weekend. Andrea had wanted the jars but was out of town so I was on delivery duty. I got there at 11:30 and spent awhile chatting with Jerry and then went home for a quick lunch and clean up so I could meet Anne in Lincoln at 2:30 for Rene's open house to celebrate her son's wedding. The sun came out for the first time in days as I was driving south. It was a fun event and it was nice to meet Rene's son. I then braved WalMart to pick up a few things I hadn't wanted to get on Amazon. I dropped Andrea's jars (boxes and boxes of them) at her back door and was done for the weekend.

Sunday was chore day. Go figure. I needed to give some serious attention to housework so got my laundry done and hanging on the line then started. Bathroom first then all the floors - sweep, swiffer, vacuum and wash. I was sweating profusely but the house looked good when I was done. Alas, I got nothing else done, not even the pots and pans. No cooking either so it would be a repeat of last week, with cooking Monday before work. Whatever. I did manage a bit of weeding in the veg beds but that's all.

I hope you had a good week. After the week of rain and one nice day, we have more rain in the forecast then the heat will be back. Summer in Nebraska. At least I'll be in Rhode Island in 2 weeks where it's sure to be cooler. Stay cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment