Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 23 - Back to PT

It was a quiet, normal week for the most part. But all my gardening had left me with shoulder issues so I made an appointment to see my shoulder doc's PA and before the week was over, I was back in PT.

I blame my garden claw. This is my favorite way to till my raised beds but this year I used it to till the big perennial bed I've been working to reclaim and that soil wasn't the light, fluffy stuff in my raised beds. The claw worked to loosen the roots of the water grass that had overtaken the bed, which I then teased out of the soil by hand. But by the time I was done last weekend, I was having the same pain I had at the start of my rotator cuff issues. And since I'm NEVER going through that surgery again, I made an appointment at the first twinge.

The good news is the bone spur hasn't grown back and it's not a tear. I have rotator cuff tendinitis and so left the doctor's office with a prescription for 6 weeks of PT. I called and got the last appointment for the day on Friday so ended my perfectly normal week at PT. They were surprised I was back for my shoulder but after one session and a weekend without gardening, it's already feeling some better. I have stretches to do everyday at home and will be in PT 3 times a week for the 4 weeks until I leave for RI. 

The week was uneventful otherwise - work, knitting, swimming. You know the drill. I actually only swam Wednesday because I got held up at work and then couldn't find close parking on Thursday and since I was already late, I just drove away. I'll live.

The weekend was relaxing. I had a Friends of the Library meeting at 9:30 on Saturday and had used my swim free evening Thursday to prep and send my treasurer's report, leaving me stress free Saturday morning. I chatted with Carolyn, went to the meeting and then had coffee with Lorri to catch up. I picked up BK for lunch and then headed home for a leisurely afternoon and evening. 

I skyped with Eileen first thing Sunday then got busy because I finally was starting a rotation again. After taking a month off from dieting, I was ready. Since I went to PT instead, I hadn't shopped Friday after work so would be cobbling things together from whatever I had. Of course, I did fine. Input - it's a strength. It felt good to be eating healthy again and I did a bunch of cooking and produce prep in the afternoon, ending the day with enough food ready for the week to be successful. I hope I can drop 10 pounds before I leave for RI. I only found 2 pairs of capris and they're tight. This cannot go on! Time to lose the weight I gained in 2017.

So, a new plan for June all around - eat healthy, lose weight and get my shoulder back to normal. While I'm not using my shoulder in the garden, you guessed it - I'll be knitting. I came home Wednesday to a package of German supermarket sock yarn gifted from an online friend on Ravelry so I'm excited to try it. One day I'll get to Germany to buy some of my own. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment