Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 8 - Sick and Tired


The Wine & Dine was behind me and I was thrilled. But when I woke up Monday, there was still work to do. Luckily the weather was cooperating. I picked up the dirty tablecloths before work on Monday and then spent the next two days washing and hanging them out before work and bringing them in and folding them after work. I had a two day window of gorgeous weather before winter was back. It all worked perfectly. 

Winter came back with a vengeance on Thursday but that worked for me. The work days flew by and I swam on Thursday and then water walked after work on Friday so I ended the week all exercised,  showered and ready for the weekend. Everything that had taken a back seat now needed doing and I had no plans for the weekend except to get it all done. 

I was a machine on Saturday and got my entire house picked up and even did a bit of cleaning. The plan was to do laundry and some cooking on Sunday but most importantly, to call my friend’s daughter who I want to hire as my new cleaning lady. Well, you know how plans go. 

I woke up Sunday with a stomach bug. I couldn’t keep so much as a sip of ginger ale down and had the runs to boot. I wasn’t aware of any fever but I could not get warm. Despite wearing my polar fleece bathrobe and having my feet on a heating pad, I was just chilled to the bone. I spent most of the day in bed, getting up every few hours to try more ginger ale only to fail and head back to bed. I set an alarm for a few minutes before the Downton Abbey finale. The bug must have been running its course because I was able to drink the watery ginger ale I’d poured before my last nap and even managed a few crackers. I had already sent an email that I wouldn’t be in on Monday. I could only hope to feel even better in the morning. 

So, what a week! Everything was on a pendulum – the weather and my health. Next week would have to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment