Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 4 - Fog Then Clearing

Instead of tackling a project like I'd hoped, I spent MLK Day catching up on chores, going slowly in hopes that I wouldn't need a nap. I went to knitting but felt like the conversations were swirling around me while I sat there in a fog. The foggy head continued at work on Tuesday and I was exhausted by 5:00 but I forced myself to swim, figuring I had to start sometime. I stayed as deep as I could and didn't participate in any of the group exercises, keeping my coughing as far away as I could. I didn't make it through the whole class but felt good for having made the effort.
Well, I don't know if it was the swimming or just time passing but my head finally cleared on Tuesday night. Don't get me wrong, I was still congested but I could think again, which was wonderful. But on the flip side, after my knee feeling great for weeks, on Wednesday it was twingy as all get out. Was it the swimming? I could only hope not because I had no intention of stopping swimming. I didn't swim again all week though, more because of working late though. My knee was still twingy, which was disappointing but what could I do?
I kept my weekend free, figuring I shouldn't push it until I was 100%, but when it was going to be near 50 on Saturday, I got busy. I cleared out my car, loaded up the recylcing and headed to the car wash to vacuum out the car, which was still a mess from the library grass clippings I'd schlepped last spring. It was like a new car when I was done. Then I headed to Dollar General for a big stock up then home to put it all away and knit. I finished a cape for Elise's American Girl doll for her birthday on Monday. I think it's the cutest thing I've ever knitted and perfectedly used up a skein of yarn from the thrift shop. Nice!
Something snapped in my knee while I was in bed Sunday morning and my knee was back to feeling great again, which was a relief. I spent Sunday doing chores, more knitting and cooking, which was perfect because it was a gloomy, rainy day. I had moved on to more cute knitting - this time blue striped baby booties for my cousin's daughter who is having a boy at the end of March. I was still congested a bit but it was minimal and the fatigue and foggy head were long gone so I ended the week feeling much better. After 2 weeks of feeling under the weather, I am more than ready for a normal week.

No comments:

Post a Comment