Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10 - Another Normal Week

It was a relatively normal week – at last! I knitted on Monday, swam on Tuesday and Thursday and food shopped on Friday. See? Normal.

All this normal wore me out. I was feeling completely exhausted on Wednesday, so much so that I was worried about my new blood pressure meds, which I’d started taking on Saturday. So I left work early and headed to the doctor’s office, only to learn that my BP was near perfect. The fatigue was just a side effect of the new meds and would only last another week or so. It was probably exacerbated by a couple of nights without enough sleep so I made an effort to go to bed early Wednesday and the next morning felt like a new woman. It’s amazing what a good night’s sleep can do.

I talked to my cousin Debbie this week and she told me she had made 4 pair of socks since I helped teach her to knit in October. I was shocked and immediately said I’d get together a care package of sock yarn from my stash. I then decided I needed to introduce her to felting so caked some 100% wool and bought her some big needles. But I couldn’t send her the makings for a pod without making her one so I cast on yet another pod. As soon as I was done with that, I started another felted project for my friend’s birthday next week. I was also finishing mittens for my friend’s husband, who fed the campus cats for me when it was so cold in February. After spending all weekend knitting for friends, I swear I’m going to finish Deanne’s present and knit nothing but stuff for me for a long time. Can’t wait!

Lorri and I did an Omaha run – Penzey’s, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s – after Friends on Saturday, which was fun. Then I ended up at the Vet’s Club, supposedly to keep Donna company while she had no customers. But by the time I got there, she was in the throes of party prep for a family birthday at the bar. I stayed for bit, knitting, of course, and then headed home for sweet potato gnocchis and wine for dinner and an early bedtime. I never left the house Sunday, getting tons of knitting done and fitting in a few chores and some cooking. All in all, it was a nice weekend after a “normal” week. Now I just need a few more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment