Thursday, May 30, 2024

Week 18 - A Relaxing Week

It was a pretty average week, which worked for me. I got a few things checked off my list, had a productive work week and ended with some yarn. 

I had some computer issues on Tuesday morning that left me recreating a file that got lost in the many reboots but it was all fixed by the time my online reconciliation class started after lunch and I ended up working late on the professorship project. 

Wednesday was the normal campus day and the first of the month so I watched Dana do monthly reports since she watched me last month. I had a nice lunch with Dodie and then Becky met me that afternoon to pick up my carful of donations for her Stuff for Strays garage sale, which will get lots of donations from me as I go through my entire house this summer. It's wonderful that have a good cause to donate to that helps cats. Becky is a peach. After a stop at Aldi on the way home, I chalked Wednesday up as a super productive day. Gotta load up those campus days!

We got another .7" of rain overnight, which put us up to 4.1" in the past 7 days. I got my grab & go lunch and taught in the afternoon. I had a contentious work call with a department person when I had some questions on their professorship data. I actually had to message Dana to ask her to call me so I could end that call. Sheesh! I ended the day with a 1.5 hour meeting with the architects about some renovations at the library. That's what I get for having all the ideas at the last board meeting. : )

I was super conflicted on Friday about whether to take some time off for an Omaha run or not. When I was checking Facebook for a message from the Omaha person I was trying to set up a meeting with to buy yarn (she hadn't replies), I found some yarn that had just been posted in Lincoln - a huge bag for $15! I messaged to clinch the sale and said I'd have a friend pick it up. As it turned out, Anne was nearby running errands so she went right over and picked it up. I couldn't convince her to go through it to show me on a video chat but that could wait. I ended up working until 5:00, finishing up the professorship work and doing my last ever self-evaluation. I was ready for the weekend.

It was a pretty chilly weekend with highs only in the low 60's and wind that made it feel colder so I had a lovely weekend mostly inside. I did go out late Saturday afternoon to cut the weed trees by the alley but otherwise I chatted with friends, streamed while knitting, of course, and did some cooking - a batch of blackberry/apple jam, rhubarb compote and peanut butter rice krispi squares, which weren't as good as they looked.


So nothing exceptional although the yarn score made me happy. I could use a few more weeks like this. Rosie had a relaxing time too. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment